RotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyMCD ProductsLee Precision
Inline FabricationRepackboxReloading EverythingTitan Reloading

Thread: 3 1/2 in 10 gauge

Boolit Master

3 1/2 in 10 gauge

Found 10 empty hulls this morning at local range.Winchester-Western 3 1/2in 10 gauge.My goodness what kind of monster would you be hunting with these ?My shoulder hurts just looking at them...

Boolit Bub
    Big geese and tundra swans! And no its not that bad. Browning gold semi auto 10 ga.

Concho, Arizona. At home in the White Mountains at last. Formerly living in Mobile Alabama.
    Great for turkey too. I just love'em.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Boolit Master
    Back in the 70's, the father of a childhood friend of mine used them for waterfowl up in AK.
    I have recollections of my dad (the cheapskate) being in awe of a gun that cost a whole dollar per shot - how times have changed, lol.

Boolit Grand Master
    Mike, your a better man than I am, or at least tougher. A single barrel 3 inch 10 guage was so little fun that I shudder at the recoil of a 3 1/2" ten gauge. Yikes! What does that throw? 2 ounces of shot?
    _________________________________________________It's not that I can't spell: it is that I can't type.

Boolit Master
    What size shot would be used waterfowl?

Concho, Arizona. At home in the White Mountains at last. Formerly living in Mobile Alabama.
    #2 for geese. Loaded with 2-1/2 ounces of Bismuth.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by jim 44-40 View Post
    What size shot would be used waterfowl?
    It depends on the type of hunting and the type of waterfowl. Teal verse large geese or swans verse pass shooting or hunting over decoys. In the days of lead shot I had a load from Tom Rooster using 2 1/2 oz of copper plated BB, buffer and BPS wads that would do 98% to 100% patterns at 40 yards. It would fold large Canadian geese at 80 yards if you did you part.
    2nd Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

"Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, there’s absolutely no point."
    – Amber Veal

"The Highest form of ignorance is when you reject something you don't know anything about".
    - Wayne Dyer