Titan ReloadingReloading EverythingRepackboxMidSouth Shooters Supply
RotoMetals2MCD ProductsLee PrecisionInline Fabrication

Page 368 of 368 FirstFirst ... 268318358359360361362363364365366367368
Results 7,341 to 7,344 of 7344

Thread: Making that Bullet Collator

Boolit Man
    Quote Originally Posted by jamg View Post
    I've run through a quite a few and it looks like cleaning up the funnel and smooth the area out a bit with the file has increased the reliability of feeding quite a bit.

Are there any tips in speeding the actual feeding? I notice that a lot of the slots on the small pistol plate ends up being empty. I notice that using the large pistol plate seems to work a little faster than the small pistol plate, but introduces some other jams. I was thinking perhaps opening the small pistol plate slots a bit or maybe creating a bit of a taper on the plate. Curious if anyone has some experience or modifications that have worked?

EDIT: in doing some searching it looks like a lot of people use the large pistol plate for 9mm. I got a weird jam where the brass is facing forward and catching on the main body. I'll try to get a photo of this the next time it happens, or I'll check if there is a bur there.

EDIT 2: the jamming of of the brass towards the top of the plate and the main body appears to be slightly alleviated by tilting the main body more. I still do get an occasional jam, but it seems like it's reduced.
    I have tested various tilts but with a higher tilt I get standing jams. 9 mm work MUCH better. 223 is where I get most jams. The 223 neck fits close to perfect in the holes in the main body.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Stand2.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	47.5 KB 
ID:	330635
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Stand1.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	64.5 KB 
ID:	330636

Quote Originally Posted by rogerandre View Post
    Dear Team,

Anyone else that is experiencing jams in the unused holes when feeding 223 brass ?
    Anyone that have a cool STL for a plug for the holes ? Right now I am using a hex M3 but still get jams.
    Attachment 330579
    Those holes were moved in the latest versions. I have used heavy duty packing tap, or duct tape to cover the hole if that is happening.
    Could also use some kind of filler. I bet even wood filler would work fine.
    Last edited by TylerR; Yesterday at 11:02 AM.

Boolit Mold
    Possibly some JBWELD for plastic.... I used Marine Tex on mine

Boolit Man
    Quote Originally Posted by TylerR View Post
    Those holes were moved in the latest versions. I have used heavy duty packing tap, or duct tape to cover the hole if that is happening.
    Could also use some kind of filler. I bet even wood filler would work fine.
    Where are the holes moved ? I compared the last version (just by naked eye in the slicer) to the version I downloaded in February and couldn't see any difference.
    Perhaps just not visible to the naked eye ?

Page 368 of 368 FirstFirst ... 268318358359360361362363364365366367368