Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingRepackboxLee Precision
MidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Reloading EverythingMCD Products

Thread: 21 Sharp

Boolit Master

21 Sharp

I think it's going to flop. Time will tell.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypZx7tQkYfc
    So many guns, so little time

You must pay for everything in this life - nothing is free, except for the grace of God.

"Free cheese only comes in a mousetrap"

Boolit Master
    The 17 hm2 was fantastic, until the case neck splitting started. I said then, "why didn't they just make an inside case diameter bullet and quit with that 1800's healed boolet? I'm so hoping it catches on. I'll be buying one. It should also be easy to adapt to blow back 22lr actions.

Like many before it...a solution to a nonexistent problem.
    The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government.
    -- Thomas Jefferson

Boolit Master
    I wish they would focus on making current items available and in-stock rather than chasing every hair-brain idea they can come up with. Who wants a $20/box (50 rounds) cartridge that is just a bit better than current 22LR? I'm going centerfire if I want something more than 22LR. The widely available 22 Hornet is just as good as it ever was. Why do we have to turn the whole world upside down constantly rather than standardizing and keeping costs down and availability up?

Boolit Buddy

Mr. Peabody whispered 5mm Rimfire in my ear.

Boolit Master
    So far it looks like the cost of the ammo is about double that of 22lr. Also, having a lot of 22lr, I see no real advantage of the 21 sharp for me.

Boolit Grand Master

The advantage is that it does not use a heeled bullet. For the states that require non-lead bullets it is a good option. The other advantage is the non-heeled bullet has a significant accuracy advantage. For plinkers it offers little.
    2nd Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

"Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, there’s absolutely no point."
    – Amber Veal

"The Highest form of ignorance is when you reject something you don't know anything about".
    - Wayne Dyer