MCD ProductsRotoMetals2Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingRepackboxLee Precision

Thread: Classic Firearms Beretta 84BB!

Boolit Grand Master

Classic Firearms Beretta 84BB!

I just bought a Beretta 84 BB from Classic Firearms and am quite impressed. It is a Guardia Di Finanza gun (if I am spelling it right) based on the "GF" under the "Y#####Y serial number. It only came with 1 13 rd. mag, and it had quite a lot of cosmoline or some such grease on it, and it has some handling and service wear marks, but overall it is not too bad. But for $379.00+ shipping, taxes and fees, I can't complain--thats hundreds less than new. I am going to give it a thorough cleaning, a lube job and take it out to see if it is as good as I remember.

In 1979 my buddy Warren bought one of these, one of the first to show up in our neck of the woods, a couple of boxes of hollow points and a case of Egyptian Police Surplus ball ammo. We shot those up in one afternoon, save for 14 of the Hollow points. What impressed the heck out of me was that the only malfunctions were about a couple of dozen failures to fire with the Egyptian ammo. Some of it just wouldn't go bang, despite repeated hammer strikes. But despite 900+ rounds of suspect ammo, and being pretty filthy by then, the Federal Hollow points all went bang when we got around to shooting them. He removed the grips and field stripped the gun and dunked it in a bucket of diesel fuel and scrubbed the heck out of it, then put it back together lubed it up and put it in a holster and carried it on duty as a security guard.

I don't have a case of ammo to run through it, but I'll try a couple of boxes and see how it runs later this week. I'll post a pick as soon as I figure out how to do it.
    Last edited by rintinglen; 09-22-2024 at 09:30 AM.
    _________________________________________________It's not that I can't spell: it is that I can't type.

Great pistols! I've got the 84F version.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IM005030.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	50.2 KB 
ID:	330621

DG

Boolit Buddy
    Nice

Boolit Buddy
    Hope you have good luck with it.

I have a Browning BDA 380. Beretta made these for Browing on the same line as the Cheetah. There are very minor differences between them. Mine did not come with any magazines so I bought two of the 380 mags from Beretta. I also bought two of the 32 ACP from Beretta and a Beretta 32 ACP barrel. I can shoot either cartridge just by swapping the barrel and mags, nothing else is needed to convert one to the other.