MCD ProductsTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2Reloading Everything
RepackboxInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee Precision

Thread: H&G #50 MP MOLDS 8 Cavity Aluminum

H&G #50 MP MOLDS 8 Cavity Aluminum

Hi guys today I cast some wad cutter bullets.

I pulled my toolbox away from the wall then set up my casting equipment under the bright LED lights mounted on the wall. I fired up the lead furnace turkey fryer and in 20 minutes I had 25 pounds of 750 °F molten lead.

Then I lower the flame and start warming up the mold blocks. This is a brand new to me mold. I had just opened it from the postal box that arrived in today. Unwrapped it, mounted it on Lee handles wiped it down with a clean rag and then I plunge the mold into the fires of the Furnace. I count to 30 then bring it out and wipe it down with an oil soaked cotton rag and it doesn't smoke so I put it back into the fire and count again. On the third time it was almost perfect and so I started casting bullets. The mold temperature is correct when the oily cotton rag smokes when you wipe down the blocks.

I pick up the ladle and fill the blocks starting closest to the hinge pivot and pour moving outwards and fill all eight cavities. I watched the sprue and when it takes a couple seconds to freeze and I know the timer is starting and when it changes color to a dull lifeless Gray then I open the sprue lever and dumped the sprue into the catch bucket on the left side under the furnace.

To my right I position the mold over a small cardboard box with a clean cotton rag draped across it. I open the mold blocks and all eight bullets fall out. I closed the blocks, reposition the mold near the casting pot, and fill all eight cavities again.

I just kept making more and more bullets.

Now I'm sizing them with the Lee hand press

Looks good! I have that mold. You can make a pile of bullets in a short time!
    Due to the price of primers, warning shots will no longer be given!

I made 7.2 lb of bullets. They weigh 143 grains each. The calculator says that there's 352 bullets in the Box.

Those came out fantastic. Looking fwd to your range report on them.
    Dan Wesson 744V .44mag, S&W Mod 19-4 .357 , S&W Mod 17 K22, Stevens Favorite .22mag 30GM, ADC .45/410, CZ SP01 9mm