RepackboxRotoMetals2Inline FabricationLoad Data
WidenersLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders Jerky
Titan Reloading

Thread: Turkish Pistols in Peril

Boolit Master

Turkish Pistols in Peril

I'm a fan of Turkish clones of 1911s and Browning High Powers. Prices are low and machining is excellent, making them bargains. Meanwhile, current events in the Middle East may soon cause Turkey to take a position in direct opposition to the USA. I predict Washington D.C. will respond with economic sanctions, and one of the first things they will do is stop importation of sporting arms and ammunition from Turkey.

If you have been considering buying a Tisas or a Girsan, I recommend you do it now.
    Remember: Ammo will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no ammo.

Boolit Master

Turkey is in NATO I doubt there would be sanctions.

PS I'd like to see some "well made" "Low cost" Turkish household appliances if they got any....
    “You should tell someone what you know. There should be a history, so that men can learn from it.

He smiled. “Men do not learn from history. Each generation believes itself brighter than the last, each believes it can survive the mistakes of the older ones. Each discovers each old thing and they throw up their hands and say ‘See! Look what I have found! Look upon what I know!’ And each believes it is something new.

Louis L’Amour

The Californios

Quote Originally Posted by Electrod47 View Post
    Turkey is in NATO I doubt there would be sanctions.

PS I'd like to see some "well made" "Low cost" Turkish household appliances if they got any....
    correct plus ther are currently 2 U.S. military bases there+ reportedly it is the major strategically located of US military air bases - U.S exports play a large part of the economy there -
    Last edited by schutzen-jager; 06-20-2024 at 02:38 PM.
    never pick a fight with an old man - if he is too old to fight he will just kill you -
    in this current crisis our government is not the solution , it is the problem ! -

ILLEGITIMI NON CARBORUNDUM

as they say in latin

They have applied to join BRICS.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobade View Post
    They have applied to join BRICS.
    so are 1/2 dozen other nations out of 9 current members that are friendly to the U.S.A. - other 3 are China, Iran, + Russia - 2 to 1 odds, - but who knows what the future will bring -
    never pick a fight with an old man - if he is too old to fight he will just kill you -
    in this current crisis our government is not the solution , it is the problem ! -

as they say in latin

Boolit Master
    Serpents tongues all!

Boolit Master

The future of Turkey and NATO is worthy of vigorous discussion in The Pit. I have been waiting for a particular Tisas 1911 variant to go on sale for a couple of months. Rather than risk the dread "Out of stock" notice, I went ahead and ordered it today. Worst case scenario: I'm wrong, peace breaks out, and I miss out on (maybe) saving $75.
    Remember: Ammo will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by Gtek View Post
    Serpents tongues all!
    my perspective is, i would definitely prefer to deal with a non poisonous serpents tongues than with a poisonous serpents fangs at every opportunity ! -

as they say in latin

Boolit Master

Trying to satisfy every special interest group at home while not offending the beneficiaries of our aid isn’t exactly a well thought out foreign policy.

I’m not concerned about sanctions cutting off the supply of Turkish firearms. The truth of the matter is, the quality of Tisas firearms has slipped some in the past six years while their costs are going up. That’s the way of the world. One need look no further than the Kimber saga to see the eventual outcome.

What the USA consumer needs now, more than ever, is a strong relationship with a nation that produces quality primers and powder in massive quantities at reasonable prices. That would be a trade partner I would cherish.