Titan ReloadingLee PrecisionRotoMetals2Repackbox
Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyWideners
Load Data
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Accurate Molds Order

I recently ordered a new 4 cavity ALUMINUM mold from ‘Tom’. Didn’t know Larry had sold business, etc.

Received it and it was supposed to be READY TO GO. It wasn’t. They worked with me and we got it all ironed out as it was adjustments.

Casts super bullets! I was pleased, who ever made it and received it in half the time estimated.

Boolit Bub
    Question for Larry: If I send an email to "tom@accuratemolds.com" will it go to you, or the new owners ? I was preparing to make my first order from them soon, but given this thread, would need some communication and reassurances from them before sending any money. I agree with others that if you have any interest at all in their future, you may want to contact them and ask them to come on here an address the issues.

That same email is still correct for Accurate Molds.
    A new post office box is shown at the website, since late 2022.
    The same machine shop remains in the same place (not a residence) in SLC.
    I've informed the new Tom of this thread.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by TomAM View Post
    That same email is still correct for Accurate Molds.
    A new post office box is shown at the website, since late 2022.
    The same machine shop remains in the same place (not a residence) in SLC.
    I've informed the new Tom of this thread.
    I hope "new Tom" read my comments and respond with a tracking number. Although at this late date, I doubt that it will help.

I guess they will breath easier since I've written off the $126 I paid for the mold. If they actually mailed it, it was either "appropriated" by a postal employee or ended up under some machinery in one of the pass thru post offices(?).

I sure do hate to remove Accurate Molds from my bookmarks but don't really have a choice. I will treasure the one accurate mold I have that was purchased before the change in owners.
    John
    W.TN

Dare I suggest simply giving the new owners a chance to make it right? Some form of contact from them is necessary for those with moulds on order and overdue, hopefully they'll get word of this and be more communicative.. I know a lot of people here remember the Ballisticast fiasco years back, and Pat Marlin of course.

Boolit Master
    I received the molds that I ordered today. They look great. When I ordered them it said right on their webpage that they were experiencing an 8 week lead time for deliveries. I got my molds after only 4 1/2 weeks. Some folks are distressed to find out that the people that own the company aren't Tom. Well, "Tom" wasn't Tom either, so there shouldn't be any complaints in that regard. The people that are running the company now might be having equipment issues (or upgrades), or supply chain problems with tooling or components. Any number of things might be causing the delays, but I doubt that they are scammers or unscrupulous. It would be to everyone's benefit if a representative from Accurate Molds would post here to clear up what's going on, and put everyone's minds to ease.

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAM View Post
    About a year and a half ago I retired and sold the business to a local family.

"Tom" is a nickname I use, my real name is Larry. Since that nickname is synonymous with Accurate Molds, they continued using it.

They've had a steep learning curve and a few growing pains, but I'm sure you'll get a satisfactory response if you keep trying.
    Well Tom, Larry, I for one am glad you came along and supplied us with some of the best molds available.
    I am also glad you get some time for yourself and family
    I am sure whomever runs the business will do a good job just like you did
    thanks for all you have done
    Hit em'hard
    hit em'often

Yes sir, congratulations on the retirement. Just to throw it out there, I ordered a 210 grain .432 mold 6 months ago and it is outstanding.

Boolit Master

OK! I understand those who are in favor of giving the present owners a chance. I thought I had given them several chances. Granted, they responded when I asked for an update on my order. They responded that they said they had shipped it that day(May 24, 2024). Makes me wonder if that response was just to keep me quiet. They even signed the email "TOM".

That was the only response I have gotten. No tracking information after several emails from me.

I am glad that several have received their orders, some in shorter than stated lead time. The enquiry that they responded to was after the full 6 weeks lead time that they had stated on their site. No early ship for me.

I don't know what they paid for the business, but the catalog must have come with the programs to back it up. The value of that I can only imagine.

Sorry!! But I'm not ready to cut them any slack yet. When I receive my mold maybe I will. In the meantime, NOE seems to be my only option. MP molds might be an option if he has one in stock that I want but I somehow doubt it. Veral Smith is out of business so that is not an option. I've already got all the Lyman and Redding molds I will ever need and I'll probably sell a few more of the Lee GB molds some day simply because I only bought them on the chance that I might want that particular bullet someday. Rather doubtful at this late date.
    John
    W.TN

Boolit Bub
    I must be missing it on the Accurate site, but what forms of payment do they accept ? Check only or is CC an option ?

Boolit Buddy
    I sure hope they find time to come here and address everyone's concerns. You would think they could not get here fast enough. These have been the finest molds I have ever owned but that does not mean they cant destroy our confidence in continued business. Many businesses have been destroyed in losing customer confidence. By addressing a $150 problem it could net you a lot more business. Just a suggestion and I am sure they will make the decision that suits them. You have a great product now if you will build customer confidence the sky is the limit. At least consider it.

Boolit Grand Master
    A while back I bought a new cal pistol, a 41 magnum. I of course ordered from my favorite mold maker @ Accurate Molds.
    Not knowing that Tom, Larry, had retired I asked about the lead time because it was stated 6 weeks out. I got my mold in less than two weeks. I do believe the op has run into a glitch somewhere and this whoo-ha is all for naught. Accurate has always made it rite so hang on, it will work out.
    Hit em'hard
    hit em'often