Load DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationWideners
Snyders JerkyRotoMetals2RepackboxLee Precision
Titan Reloading

Thread: Non precision peculiar pistol projectiles

Boolit Buddy

Non precision peculiar pistol projectiles

Say that title 3 times fast. So since pistol primers are easier to come by and somewhat cheap(ish), I decided to burn a few on a Sunday afternoon. Broke out my bullet molds and cast a few hot glue bullets. Yep, hot glue. Pushed them with nothing but a primer in 9mm and 38spl. Minute of 8.5x11 paper at 10ft. Id recommend drilling flash hole larger on the revolver brass. No it didn't cycle in the 9mm pistol. I guess we could call it trigger control training. Seated them with nothing but thumb pressure, no flare and no crimp. I think I've shot the 38 about 5 times now and still reusing it. Nice rifling marks on it. Wont go through card board at that distance but a card board box will make a trap. They also don't cut clean holes in paper.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hot glue .jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	23.2 KB 
ID:	326986

Boolit Buddy
    Kahr CW9 at 8 paces. This mobil1 oil box makes a good backstop and catch for them.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	17168141543463273069746398843156.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	29.0 KB 
ID:	326987

Boolit Buddy
    Cowboy fast draw ammo is just primers and wax bullets. (Not cowboy action shooting which is just light loaded real ammo)
    Currently casting and loading: .32 S&W Long, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .40 S&W, .45 ACP, 10mm, 44 Special 44 Magnum. .223, 7.62x39, 7.62 x 54R, .30-06, 45-70, .32, .36, .44. .45. .50. .54. .58 and .60 round ball and various minies. And .375 heel crimped conical for those .36 conversions . KB6MRP on Discord

Boolit Master

So, you don't have trouble with gluing your mold shut?? What kind of hot glue are you using?
    Quis Quis Quis, Quis Liberat Canes

/////////BREAKING NEWS////////////
    Millions and millions of American shooters and sportsmen got up, went to work, contributed to society in useful and meaningful ways all over the nation and shot no one today! How do they controll themselves?? Experts Baffled....

I LIKE IKE

Boolit Master

I am thinking 41 mag practice loads for in the garage.

Millions and millions of American shooters and sportsmen got up, went to work, contributed to society in useful and meaningful ways all over the nation and shot no one today! How do they controll themselves?? Experts Baffled....

I LIKE IKE

Boolit Master
    Luckily, I still have Speer Plastic Ammunition
    But Air guns are much more accurate, and even Cheaper to shoot...Note; do Not shoot the TV....Cat Either!!!
    I did shoot my Bitter Half in the Bum with an airsoft pistol....Bad Idea

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by frkelly74 View Post
    So, you don't have trouble with gluing your mold shut?? What kind of hot glue are you using?
    Haven't a clue. Just the transparent hot glue stick from my wife's crafty junk.

Boolit Master

We have some gold colored but I think it is reserved for a project. I better not touch it.

I LIKE IKE

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by racepres View Post
    But Air guns are much more accurate, and even Cheaper to shoot...Note; do Not shoot the TV....Cat Either!!!
    Wife PayBack's can be Hell ... don't be acting the fool !
    Gary
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by gwpercle View Post
    Wife PayBack's can be Hell ... don't be acting the fool !
    Gary
    Much...Much too Late!!

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by racepres View Post
    Bwahahahahahahaha

Boolit Grand Master

I put a lot of wax bullets thru my 2 snubbies learning to shoot them. Were very accurate. Another plus is the wax bullets can be recovered cast back into blocks and reused. My bullets were Canning wax ( paraffin) softened with beeswax, dont remember the ratio. This was poured into trays 5/8" deep bullets were cut out and seated into the cases at the same time. I used a small arbor press a plastic ammo tray was set on the wax block 50 cases inserted a flat plate and pressed thru the wax. 50 rounds loaded in one shot.

When loading these prime after seating the bullets. other wise the wax bullets air lock and push out.

Just a primer and these seemed to shoot to point of aim with the 135 grn ammo I carry.

Wad cutter cannulure or no cannulure cases are best for these.

Looks like fun. I did similar with wax but didn't really shoot them for accuracy. May need to revisit it
    Last edited by steve urquell; 05-27-2024 at 10:25 PM.
    Dan Wesson 744V .44mag, S&W Mod 19-4 .357 , S&W Mod 17 K22, Stevens Favorite .22mag 30GM, ADC .45/410, CZ SP01 9mm