RepackboxLoad DataInline FabricationLee Precision
Titan ReloadingSnyders JerkyWidenersRotoMetals2
MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Using the Lee Load all

Using the Lee Load all

Howdy folks,
    Quick question, how does one empty the hoppers on your Lee Load All loaders when you're done with a batch of shells? Is there a quick easy way, or do you turn them over and dump them? The latter seems kind of messy to me and my loader is screwed to my bench.
    Thanks, and I hope everyone is enjoying the holiday.
    Deplorable infidel

Boolit Master
    I pull both sides of the U- shaped handle off the loading head, and lift it off the square post. Cover the powder hopper with a piece of stiff cardboard with your hand, and carefully spill the shot into a big tin can. If you held the cardboard in place , you won't spill a kernal of powder, but with spherical powder you might want too do this over a cardboard box.

Boolit Buddy
    I saw a Load-All hack on YouTube one time, and it works like a charm. Drill a hole about 1/2" in diameter in the corner of your top cover. When you want to unload, you put that on top of the press (no tray underneath.) Then when you take the hoppers off, you can use that cover to empty either side, shot or powder. It's a lot more secure than just a piece of cardboard. I'll see if I can find that video.

Boolit Buddy
    here's the video I saw all those years ago: https://youtu.be/TuTrusOyMO0?si=3ZSq-RXW5gCiKkP5

This is easy and works well.

It sounds like we're going to learn a better way yet, but I've been using the "turn it upside down and dump" method. But mine (have a 12, 16, and 20 Ga.) are screwed onto pieces of 2x6 boards which I "C" clamp to the bench. When I'm done with them I remove the clamps and slide the original boxes they came in down over the press and store on a shelf. I've seldom dumped them, as once I find a load I like I tend to stay with it and continue to use the same components.

DG

Quote Originally Posted by FullTang View Post
    here's the video I saw all those years ago: https://youtu.be/TuTrusOyMO0?si=3ZSq-RXW5gCiKkP5

This is easy and works well.
    Thank you Sir. Easy peasy. Just what I was looking for. I'm new to the shotgun loading thing. I've been single loading buck and ball with the Load All, but now I'm ready to fill the hoppers and load some volume of #8 for sporting clays.
    Deplorable infidel

Boolit Master

I too have been using the screw to board and clamp to bench method for some time now. Works for me anyway, james

Boolit Master

I mostly load buckshot loads. But I don't use the hopper for powder or my buckshot. It doesn't feed buckshot well, and I can't get the exact charge weight I'm looking for with the charge bar. At least not with SR4756...it's always jumping back and forth +/- 1gr. That's not a lot, but enough for me to err on the side of consistency and just manually weigh out powder charges.

So, what I'm saying is, I use the load all to size, prime, seat the wad, and crimp. Charging with powder and buckshot is done by hand. If I ever decide to start loading target loads I'll probably use the hopper. But I refuse to buy shot, so it'll come down to whether I build a shot casting machine or not...
    JDGabbard's Feedback Thread

Jdgabbard's very own boolit boxes pattern!

GOA and FPC have done more in the last decade than your NRA has done in it's entire existence... Support the ones that actually do something for you.

The most common method is to break down the assembly and dump out the contents.
    Another is to download the pdf from Lee and make your own Lee Load-All bench plate out of 3/4 plywood, for use in conjunction with their benchplate system. This system makes emptying the reservoirs a rather simple task.
    https://www.lee-loader.com/viewtopic.php?t=2788
    The 3D printer aftermarket is now making accessories for the Load-All, I recently ordered a universal charge bar for the Load-all, I have yet to use it though. |
    These men and their hypnotized followers call this a new order. It is not new. It is not order.

I obtained a Lee Load All at an estate sale, which worked perfectly for me in 12 ga. Then after I bought a 20 ga double I decided to get the conversion kit for my Load All. Since this was my first foray into 20 ga after about forty years I spent a lot of time working up loads with different powders, wads, etc. This meant that I emptied my powder hopper more often than the shot hopper. While I tried to be careful about covering the shot while pouring out powder I had several episodes of #7 1/2 shot escaping and rolling to all corners of my bench and workshop. I'm still finding it.

So I invented a plug that would definitely hold the shot in place while emptying the powder. It is of a scrap piece of MDF, a couple of screw eyes, and a bolt for a handle. To get the dimensions right, I took a rubbing off the top of the hopper with paper and crayon. Here is the result:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lee Loadall.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	42.5 KB 
ID:	327013

Name:	Loadall 2.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	43.3 KB 
ID:	327014

Name:	Loadall3.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	72.5 KB 
ID:	327015

It works just fine now.

Wayne
    What doesn't kill you makes you stronger - or else it gives you a bad rash.
    Venison is free-range, organic, non-GMO and gluten-free

Boolit Master

Love having mine mounted to an Inline Fabrication mount to go on one of their risers. Makes the height better for me and when not in use I hang it on a bracket and slide the box upside down over the top of it. The hole in the corner of the lid is a great idea that I plan to incorporate the next use.

Boolit Bub
    I have a Lee Load-All 2 and I saw probably the same video as Full Tang and I tried it. I can say with no hesitation that it works like a charm. I always dump the powder first and the shot last.