Inline FabricationRepackboxTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2
WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyLee Precision
Load Data
Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2425262728293031323334

Thread: Show us your nice rides

Boolit Bub
    40 Ford business coupe and a 50 Merc 2-door HT. Nuff said !

Here's a couple of mine;
    1999 Sportster and a 2019 Vette.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1000004412.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	28.5 KB 
ID:	327011

Name:	1757.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	27.9 KB 
ID:	327012
    Deplorable infidel

Quote Originally Posted by BD View Post
    I like this. I have a friend, (in the interests of full disclosure, he is a mechanical engineer), who ran one of the '84 diesel rabbits 450,000 miles without any major overhauls. Just general wear items like brakes, wheel bearings, belts and tires.
    I used to run those. My catastrophic failure was the pinion gear coming out of mesh with the steering rack when I was trying to turn in a 4-way intersection. Those were normally aspirated pure mechanical diesels except for the fuel shut off solenoid. They were slow, but 50mpg was possible. Then came the early TDI version & you got much better power with the same MPG. Then things got more complicated & performance suffered. Then diesel-gate happened & now VW will not import diesels to the US anymore.
    “an armed society is a polite society.”
    Robert A. Heinlein

"Idque apud imperitos humanitas vocabatur, cum pars servitutis esset."
    Publius Tacitus

Quote Originally Posted by JIMinPHX View Post
    I used to run those. My catastrophic failure was the pinion gear coming out of mesh with the steering rack when I was trying to turn in a 4-way intersection. Those were normally aspirated pure mechanical diesels except for the fuel shut off solenoid. They were slow, but 50mpg was possible. Then came the early TDI version & you got much better power with the same MPG. Then things got more complicated & performance suffered. Then diesel-gate happened & now VW will not import diesels to the US anymore.
    Yep,...I'm seriously thinking about finding a VW 1.9l TDI and dropping that in my Samurai. They call that "The Axis Conversion". (You know,...because Japs & Germans together again?)
    When democracy becomes tyranny, those of us with rifles still get to vote.

I bought this 1965 GTO from my brother in 1971. 53 years later it still looks like it will run 100 mph quarter mile. The Triumph is a 2002 Bonneville America, still looking like a classic. A 2002 Thunderbird, that looks like a classic and drives like a sports car should. Convertible with a removable hard top…

Boolit Mold

Name:	20240529_114025.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	139.7 KB 
ID:	327216

Until I get the Chevelle back home, here's the other fast car.

2015 Hellcat Challenger with a 6 speed. It should be illegal how fun this car is to drive. Now if I could figure out the wiring issue that kills the battery in 2 hours flat, I can start driving it regularly again.

Windy West Texas, between the rocks, and the trees.
    Back in the Dark Old Days, when I was going to a trade school, we received a donation of a VW Rabbit diesel that had been to the Moon and back, several times. Body was falling apart, transmission was trashed. We put the engine on the stand for a class tear-down and re-assembly instructional aid. Once we had her guts on the bench, and began the inspection and measurement phase, we determined that all she needed was a new oil pump (just for peace of mind), new rings (cylinders still showed crosshatch) and new gaskets. Was my first introduction to aluminum crank bearing inserts: I'm sold on THAT method!
    All in all, the Rabbit diesel is one tough beast!

Quote Originally Posted by JIMinPHX View Post
    Rights, and Privileges, are not synonymous. We have the Right to Bear Arms. As soon as the Government mandates firearm registration, and permiting, then that Right becomes a Privilege, and may be taken away at our Master's discretion.