Titan ReloadingRepackboxLee PrecisionLoad Data
MidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersSnyders JerkyInline Fabrication
RotoMetals2
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Woodchuck Bait?

Boolit Master

I preferred catching armadillos over skunks, using a Havahart. The armadillos jump when startled, found them dead in the Havahart the next morning.
    Spell check doesn't work in Chrome, so if something is spelled wrong, it's just a typo that I missed.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraschenbirn View Post
    We've had a chuck or two around since the day we bought this place...almost 40 years ago...but lately, they're becoming a nuisance. Spent all afternoon cleaning up a mess in our detached garage after one got inside and couldn't get back out...will be stopping by lumberyard tomorrow for insulation and some cheap paneling to patch the holes in left in the interior walls.

Time was, I'd had just propped a .22 inside the patio door and trimmed the population whenever the opportunity popped up but can't do that anymore. We're still outside the city limits but too many houses built nearby and there's a big push by local law enforcement on 'gun crimes'...a half-dozen firecrackers will draw (at least?) two patrol cars within 10-15 minutes.

I saw MT Gianni recommended jelly rolls in another thread; may give those a try but, at the same time, I'm open to any feasible suggestion.

Bill
    I heard TrailBoss works well...
    Looking for Ideal mold 419181 (44 Evans Long)
    "Joined Dates" are deceiving if you factor-in "lurk" dates.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Rapier View Post
    If you have smaller pests, the 22 LR Subsonics with a can on a single shot are the ticket. I bought this Rem 510 single shot with a dirt dobber ruined barrel, for $20 from a pawn shop. Cut the barrel then re-crowned it, at 16.25" threaded it 5/8x28, drilled and tapped it, put two 541 scope bases on it with a center fire scope, cleaned it up and made a pest popper out of it. It is a quiet deadly little problem solver. Out to 200 yards off a rest it will pop pine cones. Skunks, coons, armadildoes, turtles in my fish ponds, etc, no problemo.

Only thing people hear is the whack, from the bullet impact.
    Yup, I put a suppressor on an old Mossberg 44 . Miss a groundhog in the garden, no problem - nearly always get a second shot , guess the missed shot whizzing by just confuses 'em !