Snyders JerkyWidenersRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters Supply
RepackboxTitan ReloadingLee PrecisionInline Fabrication
Load Data

Thread: 32 Winchester Special Brass backorder at Starline brass

Moderator Emeritus

32 Winchester Special Brass backorder at Starline brass

They called for my credit card info as my backorder was ready for shipment.

https://www.starlinebrass.com/32-win...special-brass/

I ordered mine back in January, finally delivered Monday. I don't even have a 32 Special, but it's on my bucket list.

Boolit Mold
    I never buy 32 Special brass for my Winchester M94. I just run 30-30 brass thru a 32 Special FL sizing die and go from there. I do it that way number 1 because I can and I have quite a bit of 30-30 brass on hand

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by maddog13 View Post
    I never buy 32 Special brass for my Winchester M94. I just run 30-30 brass thru a 32 Special FL sizing die and go from there. I do it that way number 1 because I can and I have quite a bit of 30-30 brass on hand

LIKE !
    30-30 brass should be easy to come by ...
    Gary
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Properly headstamped brass is a blessing.

i have a Savage 340 in 30-30 and i have a Winchester m94 that used to be 30-30. i sent to JES Reboring and he sent back 35/30-30. i bought 500 30-30 Starline cases and i reform some of them to 35/30-30, 30 and 357 Herrett.

when i was 13yo, my dad's friend let me borrow his Win m94 in 32 Special. i never shot a deer that year, but i loved the m94. next year, my grandpappy got me 1972 Winchester m94 in 30-30 for Christmas. i killed more deer with that 30-30 than all other calibers i have shot. i sent her to JES and now since my eyes were bad, i put on a Williams FP aperture sight. i love that rifle.

Boolit Buddy
    Thanks for the heads up. And thanks to StarLine for making such hard to find brass for us. (EDIT: I agree with Randy, proper headstamp is a blessing!)

I still have plenty of NOS R-P and WIN .32 Special brass to meet my needs. If I needed some I'd rip out my CC and order some from StarLine while I could.

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Bohannon View Post
    Properly headstamped brass is a blessing.
    Yup. Tracking says UPS will be delivering mine today.

I had no idea 32spcl brass was so hard to come by?

It seems like other than 30-30 and 45-70, brass for lever action cartridges is kind of rare nowadays. All the WCF, .32 Special, .35 Rem, the list goes on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    I bought my 32 Special rifle in August 2022. I placed a backorder to Starline right away for 500 pieces of brass. It took 14 months to get notified that it was available. 32 Special is sure not going to fall in your lap if you don't spend a lot of time searching for the stuff. Fortunately, I had found 1,100 pieces via Gunbroker.com while waiting for the Starline order so I told Starline to cancel my order and let somebody else who needed it more have it. I can't see ever needing more than the 1,100 I have now. Yeah, I could form brass from 30-30 but since I also have a 30-30 rifle I don't want the confusion of having such look-alike cartridges around that aren't interchangeable. I'm glad to see Starline making some of the oldies available again after such a drought.

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Texas by God View Post
    It seems like other than 30-30 and 45-70, brass for lever action cartridges is kind of rare nowadays. All the WCF, .32 Special, .35 Rem, the list goes on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Starline doesn't make 35 Rem. I have asked them to quite a few times. I grab them here and there as I see them.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MrWolf View Post
    Starline doesn't make 35 Rem. I have asked them to quite a few times. I grab them here and there as I see them.
    The shortage of .35 remington is strange. There must be a lot of rifles out there for it. I do see that the factories are making rifles and I believe ammo too for straight wall cartridges that duplicate the 35 rem loads more or less. Lever gun rounds can be found in 45-70, 30-30, .357, 44 mag, and .45 colt.
    If you shoot something else, than finding brass or even loaded ammo maybe difficult.
    My only use for lever guns is for localities where ARs and AKs are banned and also they are fun.