Snyders JerkyLoad DataTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2
RepackboxLee PrecisionWidenersInline Fabrication
MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: not a good day guys!

Boolit Grand Master

Loyd, sorry to hear about your loss. I know you are devastated, but glad there were no injuries and it was not your house along with your barn.
    Last edited by leadman; 05-12-2009 at 12:14 PM.

Banned

I just read Lloyd's E mail and was stunned. This is just too much to take in for me. What a terrible loss. Thank God no one was hurt and the fire didn't spread to the house.

Boolit Master
    Lloyd, so sorry to hear that. If I have anything you need, let me know.

Boolit Master in Heaven's Range
    Lloyd,
    I had sent you a care package a couple years back,moulds,beeswax and stuff.I do not have any more of these things to send now,I wish I did!
    I am glad that it was not your home and that nobody was hurt.
    Jeff
    The .30/06 Springfield,the ULTIMATE cartridge combat,hunting and target cartridge,a .45 single action and a good FLINTLOCK is all I need to be happy!

Boolit Grand Master

Lloyd;
    You have our condolences. When you get a bit of time, let us all know how we can help.

Notify your insurance carrier and move as soon as possible to catalog your losses. Save photos of your equipment, and stock, for the insurance claims adjuster. All bills for supplies and tools, document as well as you can.

Dale53

Boolit Buddy
    Hello Lloyd
    Sorry ,about your loss.But I´m glad no one was injured.I hope that you can salvage some of your equipment. Best wishes,
    Uwe

Lloyd I am so sorry for you. This comes from Barbie also. Give me a jingle and I will contact my vendors and explain and we will hook you up. PM sent with my phone number. Call day or night as I never sleep.
    Duke and Barb.

Moderator Emeritus
    Oh Llyod thats awful you must be heartbroken, my thoughts are with you mate.

Still you are alive and no one was hurt.

For fine firearms and shooting requisites visit my Web Site by clicking the link below:

Pukka Bundhooks

Quote Originally Posted by dromia View Post
    Still you are alive and no one was hurt.
    Yes you are alive to still go shooting another day Lloyd.
    Last edited by Just Duke; 05-10-2009 at 01:40 AM.

Banned

Its a total loss. It wont do much good to send stuff as i wont have a place to even load for months. Ive got insurance but it wont cover replacing the barn with one the same size and the contents insurance wont pay for a 1/3 of what was in there. You would have had to see it before the fire to understand. There was probably a million cast bullets sized and lubed in there that are gone! I was never one for charity and sure arent going to change now. If someone was dead or i didnt have a place to live that would be one thing but this is only reloading stuff and it can be replaced. The only favor i can ask is if you run accross any primers,.223,308 or 45acp brass at a reasonable price shoot me an email and ill send you the money for it. Id at least like to find some primers so when i get up and going i can at least get some ammo loaded. I kept enough powder in the house to get up and going on a small scale anyway and most of my molds were in the house but to get back to where i was before probably wont happen in my lifetime. I was about sick at first with this deal but something opened my eyes. A good friend that has been bed ridden with pain for a broken neck drug himself out of bed and made the trip down to confort me. Looking at him standing there in pain made me really understand how small of a deal this really is!! Id gladly put a fire to everything i own to see him feeling better!

Boolit Master at Heaven's Range jawjaboy's Avatar
    Sorry to hear this Lloyd. I got a FRB of lead for you anytime you say the word. Primers are a lil scarce right now. Lemme know on the lead, anytime.

Boolit Master

Lloyd, PM sent.

In Remembrance

Lloyd, so sorry to hear of the fire. I went through a similar thing 19 years ago. Hundreds of rounds of loaded ammo and all my reloading equipment and tools. It's a real bummer and makes me realize I need to check my insurance on my reloading stuff. DALE

Boolit Buddy
    Lloyd, I am very sorry to hear this. You must feel like someone hit you in the stomach with a baseball bat.
    NRA Endowment Member

Boolit Master at Heaven's Range. txpete's Avatar
    reading this has really bummed me out to hear this. that said it warms the heart to see the guys here to reach out to you.
    I have been thinning stuff out over the last couple of years but I'll dig through my foot lockers and check for some brass for you.
    its not charity its just helping out a friend.
    hang in there.

pete

Boolit Grand Master

Sorry to hear Lloyd, but at least you and the other half are above ground. Will be hard to start over for sure, but ya gotta give it a try for sure!
    1Shirt!
    "Common Sense Is An Uncommon Virtue" Ben Franklin

"Ve got too soon old and too late smart" Pa.Dutch Saying

In Remebrance

Lloyd , my thoughts and prayers go out to you. I worry about this type of thing all the time being a good 20 minutes response time from the fire house. I've had a few close calls and it scared the heck out of me. I suppose you have the right attitude about your good friend with the broken neck, you're still alive and the rest is just stuff.

If you need a kick start I can spare a couple hundred primers and some 38 brass. Don't consider it charity 'cuz you'd do the same for any of us!

Boolit Mold
    Lloyd,

Read this yesterday but was too numb to reply then. Sorry for your losses.

Boolit Master
    Makes me sick just to think about it Lloyd, hope you get up and running again soon. Glad no one was hurt in the fire.
    Where's the Kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth shattering Kaboom.

Marvin the Martian

Really sorry for your loss Lloyd and glad that there were no injuries. I totally understand your feelings toward your friend and his health. Puts everything in perspective.

Good luck with the rebuild.
    "He who has gone, so we but cherish his memory, abides with us, more potent, nay, more present, than the living man."
    Antoine de Saint-Expuéry

Steelbanger, NRA Life
    PRPA, Annual member