MidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyInline FabricationRepackbox
Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingWidenersLoad Data
RotoMetals2 Lee Precision
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I Planted Garlic Yesterday

Boolit Master

Was Mid-Michigan, 2 Orlando, 2 Jacksonville, Fl.
    Doc said high cholesterol, needed meds, diet change, exercise. I’d heard garlic 🧄 helped. I started eating 3 cloves a day. Found them chewed up a bit intense but manageable. Month later cholesterol was down 100 points. Doc didn’t believe me when I said just 3 cloves a day kept doctor away.
    I clipped a third of my thumb tip off with Chinese cleaver. VA doc thought I used a scalpel. Not enough to stitch. It got infected and antibiotics weren’t working. They started talking partial amputation! Called a homeopathic friend and explained the situation. She said to smash garlic 🧄 and onion 🧅, wait 5 minutes and use as a poultice. Change 2x daily. I put it in a sandwich bag, shoved in thumb. I also noticed something round and white in the center of wound. Sterilized a pair of hemostats, grabbed it and pulled it out. It healed up after that. Tip is kinda numb, and the skin grows over the tip with a void in that spot, but I can’t complain! Garlic 🧄 is good !

Boolit Master

No kitchen is complete without fresh garlic. I planted some myself last week as I use a couple of heads a week. 8-10 cloves tomorrow in boneless leg of lamb.
    "My main ambition in life is to be on the devil's most wanted list."
    Leonard Ravenhill

Boolit Master

I have planted my garlic outside of my garden fence.
    I do have blacktail deer here.
    They never bothered my garlic.

Boolit Master

I planted 120 cloves this week, 40 of Romanian Red,40 of German Ex. Hardy, and 40 of German White. Some of the Romanian Red cloves were as big as a golf ball ! We use pelletized chicken poop and fish emulsion for fertilizer. Soil prep is important as they like loose soil and drains well. I've been growing these varieties for three years now and they seem to produce the best for me here in the Duluth area. I eat at least a clove a day in one form or another. Haven't had a cold, flu, or covid in twenty some years! They are the best anti-viral medicine you can get.

Boolit Buddy
    I started planting mine Monday. Went to close up our trailer yesterday. Today I'll finish planting the rest of the garlic. About the right time for my zone. We do use a lot of garlic!

Vendor Sponsor

I planted on 10/17 and yesterday 10/29 a few in each of the 3 tubs were up 2" and today there are more coming up. 12 days not bad! Thankful for the Indian Summer we got the whole month of October!

It was mid 80s the last few days, ahh but all good things must end, tomorrow on halloween, we get the first real cold snap down into the 30s.
    Got a .22 .30 .32 .357 .38 .40 .41 .44 .45 .480 or .500 S&W cylinder that needs throats honed? 9mm, 10mm/40S&W, 45 ACP pistol barrel that won't "plunk" your handloads? 480 Ruger or 475 Linebaugh cylinder that needs the "step" reamed to 6° 30min chamfer? Click here to send me a PM You can also find me on Facebook Click Here.