RotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionInline Fabrication
Titan ReloadingRepackboxSnyders JerkyWideners
Load Data
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: House Break in

My other half and I both work from home. She is a massage therapist and I am a software consultant. She has a S&W 36 3" in her office and I have a S&W 36 2" on my desk.
    We live in a rural area and are aware that we are in a mean world.
    Thank God for the 2nd Amendment.
    Collector and shooter of guns and other items that require a tax stamp, Lead and brass scrounger. Never too much brass, lead or components in inventory! Always looking to win beauty contests with my reloads.

Boolit Bub
    We live somewhat near the southern border and I have seen illegals dumped at a hotel not 2 miles from my house. I walk around armed as does my wife. Never know when something will happen. I have a god sized dog in the back yard and small chihuahua in the house. I live in a cottonfield and I dont tolerate people trying to use my property as a turn around. I have signs stating: " NO TRESPASSING"
    BEWARE OF DOG". Its worked so far.

Boolit Master

I have not reported the last 3 break ins because i live in Canada, I am a gun owner, and once police discover i am a gun owner they stop investigation of the break in and start to investigate me.
    1) may we see your guns?
    2) may we see your storage?
    3) may we see your license?
    4) can you possess that legally?
    5) that gun was prohibited may 1, 2020. You get to keep it until we visit your home for other reasons - we may as well take it now. No we do not care that there is a challenge before the courts.
    6) Gun owners run the risk for being charged with a criminal code offense even if there is no crime committed.

Right now in Canada it is not worth the risk of a search and seizure of my firearms if I report a break in/
    Go now and pour yourself a hot one...

Terrible way to have to live, 10x, but it seems as though we're only a few years behind your lifestyle.

DG

Quote Originally Posted by 10x View Post
    I have not reported the last 3 break ins because i live in Canada, I am a gun owner, and once police discover i am a gun owner they stop investigation of the break in and start to investigate me.
    1) may we see your guns?
    2) may we see your storage?
    3) may we see your license?
    4) can you possess that legally?
    5) that gun was prohibited may 1, 2020. You get to keep it until we visit your home for other reasons - we may as well take it now. No we do not care that there is a challenge before the courts.
    6) Gun owners run the risk for being charged with a criminal code offense even if there is no crime committed.

Right now in Canada it is not worth the risk of a search and seizure of my firearms if I report a break in/
    These men and their hypnotized followers call this a new order. It is not new. It is not order.

Funny story from yrs ago. Older guy kept shooting the bad guys that came through his basement door. Cops kept the guns he shot with for evidence. Finally down to his 22lr rifle. Got the last 2 with that. Tole cops he just sat at the top of the stairs and waited. Friends lent him guns after he lost the 22.
    Whatever!

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by popper View Post
    Funny story from yrs ago. Older guy kept shooting the bad guys that came through his basement door. Cops kept the guns he shot with for evidence. Finally down to his 22lr rifle. Got the last 2 with that. Tole cops he just sat at the top of the stairs and waited. Friends lent him guns after he lost the 22.

This is a law enforcement problem, not a gun problem.
    Go now and pour yourself a hot one...

Boolit Master

For some reason post #45 reminded me of one of Son #3's response calls (He is retired now from Las Vegas Metro). And yes; this story is 100% true without elaboration.

Radio dispatch reports a Drive In Resturant is in process of being robbed. Son rolls on it with lights on. Gets there and no robber in store; but the Cashier says the thief took the cash register, jumped on his Bicycle with the cash register under his arm, and rode away. Son looks down and sees end of cash register tape stuck to some gum on the floor. He follows cash register tape that is unrolled on the ground, around the building, and onto property adjacent. There is one of those automated Gate Arms controlling vehicular departure from the property. Under the gate arm is a bicycle on it's side, the cash register (with some tape still in it - rolled out all the way back to the Drive In Resturant), and a male SUSPECT who was "Knocked Out" initially but slowly coming to. Son handcuffed the SUSPECT who claimed he "Just Found" the cash register.

I told my son that he should apply to be a Police Investigator.
    Mustang

"In the beginning... the patriot is a scarce man, and brave and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." - Mark Twain.