RepackboxWidenersInline FabricationRotoMetals2
Snyders JerkyReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee Precision
Titan Reloading Load Data
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anybody here living in the Bangor. ME area?

Made it back... House is nice, property is nice, but a bit too steep for my taste (at foot of larger hill). The worst part was the mosquitos. Had my arms, neck face and other exposed parts covered in mosquito repellent and that worked really well. What I did not know was that these suckers will not get stopped by a rather thick cotton T-shirt. Lesson learned after almost 20 bites on the back and shoulders within 10 minutes or so in the wooded area. The area is nice and quiet, large property, nice house... but these beasts make me wonder if I should do it or not...

Quote Originally Posted by DocSavage View Post
    Also stock up on bug repellent mosquitoes will suck you dry.
    NRA Certified Instructor Pistol
    NRA Certified Instructor Metallic Cartridge Reloading
    NRA Certified Instructor Shotshell Reloading
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    NRA Life member
    www.primercatcher.com

Quote Originally Posted by Big Tom View Post
    Made it back... House is nice, property is nice, but a bit too steep for my taste (at foot of larger hill). The worst part was the mosquitos. Had my arms, neck face and other exposed parts covered in mosquito repellent and that worked really well. What I did not know was that these suckers will not get stopped by a rather thick cotton T-shirt. Lesson learned after almost 20 bites on the back and shoulders within 10 minutes or so in the wooded area. The area is nice and quiet, large property, nice house... but these beasts make me wonder if I should do it or not...
    They can be annoying, but they are here for a short while, a breeze and smake will keep them mostly at bay. I gre w up in Brunswick (before they became a liberal mess) wih a camp up in Moosehead Lake (close to where BD lives). It is a beautiful place. Like others have said, it's really three almost distinct locations, Northern Massachussetts, Coastal Maine, and the North Woods. It is a sportsman's paradice....good hunting, fishing, snowmobiling, skiing, etc. The snow is not so bad....we live wih it and everyone understands it. I grew up in Brunswick, Maine and lived near PHilly for 35 years and have now moved back. Married Jersey girl and she was petrified of driving in the snow. The wife was concerned about having to drive in the snow, and has told there was a bog difference bewteen Maine and Pennsylvania. She says, they know how to take care of a snow storm here. We have full time people that plow snow and do it all night till the raods are clear. If we get a good snow storm, people now to stay home and reschedule and people accept that since most of them are doing the same thing. I think you'll like it here, especially the summer which is usually on a Tuesday! Oh and the msquito is the Maine state bird! Bill
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	13015666_1711234242459097_4814600968560487820_n.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	35.8 KB 
ID:	317316