RotoMetals2RepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading Everything
Snyders JerkyInline FabricationWidenersLoad Data
Titan Reloading Lee Precision
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: about feed up with Lee

I found them at mid south, then I added around 4 lbs of powder, some shotgun primers, but stopped. i am already sitting on 4 cases of shotgun shells .
    than I found them at midway USA, threw a pair of pants in the cart that were on sale, but wait, I am loosing wait, and in Florida I wear shorts all the time, by the time It gets cold enough for pants I hope they will not fit
    than I started looking at Wood combat grips for my 686 plus, wow, might hold off until tax time to pay for them
    Last edited by compass will; 02-08-2023 at 08:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by john.k View Post
    The Chinese advantage in postal rates goes back to the Bush era......they are supposedly a "developing " country........from what i know,the Chinese sender is in 'export business zone' (port)....and simply has to deliver his stuff to a export containerisation facility....where the stuff is simply loaded into a container and shipped to the US.....then its dumped into the USPS system for a 2,000 mile deliver for the share of the 10c value China postage..........its the same all over the world.....China is bankrupting the postal system of every country.
    I think they are about developed enough.

Boolit Master

So how does international postal shipping work? Does the shipping country keep all the money and just dump packages into the receiving country's system, or is a portion of the money split to the receiving postal system?

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by compass will View Post
    I found them at mid south, then I added around 4 lbs of powder, some shotgun primers, but stopped. i am already sitting on 4 cases of shotgun shells .
    than I found them at midway USA, threw a pair of pants in the cart that were on sale, but wait, I am loosing wait, and in Florida I wear shorts all the time, by the time It gets cold enough for pants I hope they will not fit
    than I started looking at Wood combat grips for my 686 plus, wow, might hold off until tax time to pay for them
    I'm not sure I'd hold off. I already did my taxes. I never get a ton back, but I always got something in the past. It seems the past two years have finally caught up with us, you may be in for a shock. My $6000 in medical costs last year didn't do squat, standard deduction was still better. Fingers crossed you don't owe too much.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by 15meter View Post
    We have been subsidizing shipping from around the world for decades. In my faulty memory, I seem to remember reading an article where the battle to renegotiate a treaty(treaty!!!!) regulating postal rates started under Reagan. I purchased lawnmower deck gauge wheels a couple of years ago, ordered them from Amazon. When they got here the packaging said they had been shipped from Ireland, the wheels themselves had made in China stamped on them. And I paid less for 4 of them delivered to my door than I paid Monday to ship a padded envelope of brass to Texas.

And the bag of brass had to be reshipped out to Texas yesterday because the post office couldn't discern the difference between a return address and a ship to address.

And the green cost has got to be horrendous. I order a bag of 100 E-clips from Amazon delivered to my door for less than the local hardware store will sell me 5. And they are here in 2-3 days.

Why are we wasting jet fuel like this? Because the government allows almost completely free access to our internal postal system.

Package is clearly marked that it originated in China. Only way it got here was via air. The chinese can run 747's with trinkets around the world for less than I can ship a parcel across town.
    Thank our elected political sellouts.

Boolit Mold
    Probably most if not a whole bunch of 'spot orders' are simply tossed onto the next flight out which was going anyway. Copmputers and automation speed things up, take mouths to be fed out of the loop, take the blame when things go bad.

RCBS will send you what you ask for, free of charge, but the up-front cost of the equipment is much higher. For non-high volume reloaders, Lee is a good bet still. I have a $1,300 refridgerator that's on it's third compressor. All under warranty, but that spoiled food adds up. Reloading components won't spoil while waiting a part, they'll just get lonely.

Quote Originally Posted by compass will View Post
    I need one of those little square index parts for my rotary press. part number Part TF3567, 75 cents. so I was going to order 2.
    mine is not broken yet, but is sloppy. I know I replaced it at least once in the past.
    But Lee wants $10 for shipping and refuses to drop it in an envelope for 60 cents. the 10 bucks ain't going to kill me, its just the point.
    one option is to send back the old one (mind is worn, but but not broken) and they might replace it. mean while I am down for reloading for weeks or ever how long it takes.

Did I once see where someone else was making these that were better than the plastic ones?
    Attachment 310242
    MAYBE IT'S TIME TO BUY A BETTER TOOL?

a m e r i c a n p r a v d a

Be a Patriot . . . expose their lies!

“In a time of deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.” G. Orwell

Boolit Master

Lee makes some decent stuff. I have their turret press and really like it. Maybe when the garage is better organized I'll eventually buy something more progressive, and higher end. But for many people "some of" Lee's presses are perfectly adequate.
    JDGabbard's Feedback Thread

Jdgabbard's very own boolit boxes pattern!

GOA and FPC have done more in the last decade than your NRA has done in it's entire existence... Support the ones that actually do something for you.

Boolit Master
    I love when you call Lee they put the old fuddy on the phone. He gets pissed off like you called him a red headed step child or something if you have an issue with a new item. I mean really madddddddd.

For basic stuff Lee items are ok. No such thing as quality. No customer service what so ever. Every time I have an issue he tells me if I do not like it to fix it myself or pay to ship it to him he will look at it and since he can never be wrong tell me its ok and I will have to pay return shipping if I want it back.

I look at buying Lee products like this. Going gambling you might make out ok. You might get screwed. For the most part in the past I have made out ok but I have never made out ok when I have a defective product. Your on your own.

If I had an extra of the part I would just send you one and thank you for your business. Not that guy.
    Stop being blinded by your own ignorance.

I recently emailed them about a part I lost, $13 shipping and handling and a new one is on its way.

Lee sent me the cast carrier assembly for the Pro 1000 which I’ve used for years. I sent a photo of my reloading bench showing my 4 Lee reloading machines. They sent the part free and quickly…..thinking back now,I hade a bloody cheek. And I live in Ireland. The cost of postage is always a sickner but what are you going to do?

Boolit Master
    I think you two just found the golden ticket. If you call Lee they transfer you to the owner/designer guy who is always pissed off. When you email you get that nice lady who always wants to help and make it good but has to do whatever the jackwagon in the back has to say. I am old-school and prefer to pick up a phone but I guess less personal contact is the way to go. So I will try emailing in the future. Or I could just stop buying Lee.
    Stop being blinded by your own ignorance.

Also- this does not stop you from loading. You can manually turn that press to each station. It’s slower, but you are not shut down.
    I'm a Happy Clinger.

Boolit Grand Master

Not being reasonable or rational is going to get you a lot of "lost" customers .

My Dad always told me there was always more than one way to skin a cat ... he was right .
    I have never run up against a problem I couldn't get solved ... maybe by hook or maybe by crook ... but with a computer there are so many companies that have parts for sale ...you can find it and they will be glad to treat you right ... you have to look around and talk to a few people ... but where there is a will / want /need ...dang it you can find a way !
    I kept a 1968 Chevelle running for 40+ years by searching out car parts no longer in production ... finding out which junk yard had what I wanted and going after it ...just be persistent !

Use it like a Standard Turret Press if you have too ...never say Die !
    Gary
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Boolit Master

I taught myself how to reload back in the 70's. Would not have even considered to attempt that if not for Lee's economical pricing. Since then I can afford anything I want, But remain loyal to the outfit that got the ball rolling. For years I have 6 bench mounted presses set up dedicated. Kinda a evolution so to speak of Lee's. Another 2 hand presses set up and dedicated for prep work. Last one I bought was 20 years ago and I work with them a few days a week. All the hiccups I have experienced over the years have been 75% Me. Making things work with my own two hands has always been important to me, I'v always been able to make my Lee equipment work. Read what Lee has said in print over the years. Its always about low cost and doing it yourself. If you must have full out industrial grade equipment. Its out there. Don't blame Lee for not being comparable. He was there in the beginning and is a true pioneer in the field. I'm thankful for the old boy. Geez, he must be in his 90's and still talkin' smack.
    “You should tell someone what you know. There should be a history, so that men can learn from it.

He smiled. “Men do not learn from history. Each generation believes itself brighter than the last, each believes it can survive the mistakes of the older ones. Each discovers each old thing and they throw up their hands and say ‘See! Look what I have found! Look upon what I know!’ And each believes it is something new.

Louis L’Amour

The Californios

Richard Lee passed away in 2018. He sure had a good run. I can't imagine having to build up a company twice.
    These men and their hypnotized followers call this a new order. It is not new. It is not order.

Its ironic, I found my spare index square, but last night I broke my first Decapper pin. if you have a lee press you know how the old primers go all over the desk as you use the press, and one has jumped into one of the cases I has not deprimed yet and it bent the pin as I tried to decap it.
    I pulled a decapper out of a 45 colt die so I could finish the job I was doing.
    Once I was done I go on the lee website and put one decapping pin in my basket and the price is "this is free to you". so I throw in the little square port and same thing "this is free to you" . I also ordered this piece of plastic that mounts around the ram that the index square rides in (screw is getting stripped) and it was also free. so I doubled my order to 2 of each of the pins and index square (which I paid for) and I don't think I spent $15 for all that including shipping Now I feel better.
    Last edited by compass will; 02-12-2023 at 10:57 PM.

Vendor Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by OS OK View Post
    MAYBE IT'S TIME TO BUY A BETTER TOOL?

OSOK: Your chart was incomplete!!! It should have "Buchanan Precision Machine" on the top step!

I ship stuff every day. USPS is generally the cheapest method out there and my wife shops shipping for every package we send out.

I bought two things yesterday. A .5 liter Air Bottle for my new Airgun from China. $108 + tax? +$5.00 shipping. It will be here in 3 weeks. Second was a Seat Back Organizer for my Jeep from LAPG for $29.95. I had a store credit for $30.82 and a $10 coupon so the whole mess cost me $2.03. That included tax and shipping from Valencia CA to my house 50 miles away. Shipping was $7.50 but it will take 3 weeks to get here from 50 miles away! Luckily I'm in no hurry for either item.

But to be Clear, Lee isn't screwing anybody with their shipping. They have to pay the Post Office just like everyone else does.

Randy
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"
    www.buchananprecisionmachine.com

Boolit Master
    I guess lee is right in the middle when it comes to replacement parts. ive had hornady and rcbs send me replacement parts for free and in trying to get parts for Lyman universal trimmers, impossible. they are discontinued and unobtainium. so to keep gear you want to use and works for you spending the $10 on postage is still cheaper than buying a whole new machine. I would be happy to pay Lyman if only they at least had the parts. I ended up just buying a new hornady trimmer only to find it will only work with genuine hornady shell holders.

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by jmorris View Post
    What I don’t understand is why I could buy something off eBay, from China, that ships to my house like these switches (first link) for $1.58 and shipping is free. Not just the boat ride across the world but once it gets here, our taxes must be covering shipping for foreign goods…

Now, once they get here, if I drove into town and put them in a padded flat rate USPS envelope and ship it back to my house, again from the closest post office, they would charge me $10.40 (second link)…

https://www.ebay.com/itm/29550733677...Bk9SR5KhuJPGYQ

https://www.usps.com/ship/priority-mail.htm#flatrate
    I once won an auction on eBay for some screen protectors for my sons Nintendo DS. It included free shipping from China. My winning bid was $0.13. Yes, 13 cents shipped from China. I won another similar one for 26 cents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro