Snyders JerkyRepackboxWidenersLoad Data
Inline FabricationLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2
Titan Reloading
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Silver bullets?

Quote Originally Posted by dondiego View Post
    I got an add from these people today and found that they also sell silver shot! That makes werewolf shells so much easier to make. All shotgun shells and even many pistol rounds can shoot pellets! It only costs $265.70 per a 10 ounce jar but really, how many werewolves have you encountered? And that is 10 one ounce rounds. Just think how many .410 shells you could get! I mean, a few hundred bucks to be able to prevent your jugular vein from being ripped out and you getting the virus and turning into a werewolf yourself! I am buying a jug but it is currently out of stock. Must be a demand?
    It seems expensive until you NEED it.
    Paper targets aren't your friends. They won't lie for you and they don't care if your feelings get hurt.

Well, for us folks that live and hunt in Michigan, it might not be a bad idea to have a silver round or two in your pocket.
    https://www.wideopenspaces.com/michigan-dogman/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yd5W0iMLL6k
    Deplorable infidel

Boolit Master
    I was talking to a wolf one day who had distrust for the government and had a stockpile of cast boolits. He seemed quite aware.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by gwpercle View Post
    "Gun's Magazine" did a series of articles ... long time ago , but still a favorite of mine ...
    they were testing the Lone Ranger's Silver boolit .
    Casting silver in a conventional Lyman mould iron had problems ... in the end they had a silver smith create a lost wax mould and were able to get a decent looking projectile .
    The third installment was loading and shooting The Silver Boolit ,I can't remember if they had more than 1 or just the Lone Silver Boolit to test ... but I do remember after testing the concensess was lead was easier to work with than silver .
    To my knowledge Gun's Magazine never did that again and I don't believe the accuracy was anything to write home about .

That reminds me ... I need to re-up my subscription ... any magazine that tests silver boolits and Bug-A-Salt rifles ( a salt shooting bug killing gun) is one magazine you want to read !
    Gary
    I remember those articles. If I remember correctly they pretty much trashed that mold through overheating. I cast some ingots from a bunch of old electrical contacts which were Silver and it took a welding torch to get it melted.

Boolit Grand Master
    Those articles were in the old Gun World Magazine. IIRC, the author was Jack Lewis, whose writings I always really enjoyed. He did another one where he dressed up as The Shadow and was blazing away like Bruce Willis in Last Man Standing.
    _________________________________________________It's not that I can't spell: it is that I can't type.

Boolit Mold
    There were stories of the Indians of Northern New Hampshire using silver bullets in their muskets in the earliest days...Late 1600's-early 1700's...Apparently they didn't know any better and the lead and silver deposits were often together...They became informed fairly fast though...

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by b67 View Post
    There were stories of the Indians of Northern New Hampshire using silver bullets in their muskets in the earliest days...Late 1600's-early 1700's...Apparently they didn't know any better and the lead and silver deposits were often together...They became informed fairly fast though...
    That’s super interesting, I am going to look that up.
    “Sticks and stones may break my bones, but hollow points expand on impact”