Titan ReloadingLoad DataSnyders JerkyWideners
RotoMetals2RepackboxReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Inline Fabrication Lee Precision
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Plumbing question

Boolit Master
    I would have tried hydrochloric acid too .....very cheap from the pool supplies.........but youd want to be sure there was no metal in the plumbing,and the acid wont work on any kind of epoxy grout .

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
    Are you going to go after the plumber/contractor?
    The contractor declared bankruptcy the month after finishing my job. His brother and father quit the business before that and left him holding bag. I'll send him the bill and see if I can get anything out of him, but it is doubtful.

Cast Boolits Search Tool

The Learning Never Stops!

Quote Originally Posted by SciFiJim View Post
    The contractor declared bankruptcy the month after finishing my job. His brother and father quit the business before that and left him holding bag. I'll send him the bill and see if I can get anything out of him, but it is doubtful.
    Hard to imagine why the business went under given your experience.

Banned
    Doesn't matter if he went out of business if he had insurance when he did your job then his insurance company is still responsible for any potential claims ..
    However if he wasn't insured then your probably sol

Insurance or bond.

--Wag--
    "Great genius will always encounter fierce opposition from mediocre minds." --Albert Einstein.

Boolit Grand Master

Southern France by way of Interior Bush Alaska
    There is probably someone overseeing the bankruptcy. Make sure you get a copy of the bill to them to get on the list of creditors. You may not all of it reimbursed, but you may get a percentage.

Moderator Emeritus

I bought a home recently and had the flooring redone with tile before moving in. One of the flooring company employees decided that the best place to clean his equipment was the kitchen sink. It filled the garbage disposal and p-trap with sand/grout/cement. I've already replaced the garbage disposal and cleaned the piping under the sink that I can remove. I WILL be seeking damages from the flooring contractor.

My question is, what can be done to clear the sewer line under the concrete slab? It isn't completely clogged, but drains slowly. I've snaked it twice and the problem is still there. Other than ripping up the foundation to get at the plumbing, is there a way to clear the main plumbing line?

I am not sure what direction to head in. Chemical? Mechanical? Rip up the foundation?

Any suggestions would be helpful.
    I would make it the problem of the company that did the install.....it is there problem for their irresponsible employee. I would also notify your homeowner insurance. If the install company says for you to get the work done and send them the bill....get it recorded, the person, date, and time you discussed the problem.
    When guns are outlawed only criminals and the government will have them and at that time I will see very little difference in either!

"Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems man faces." President Ronald Reagan

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is acoutable for his actions." Presdent Ronald Reagan

Boolit Grand Master

When you said ... Tile , I had a sneaking suspicion the Tile Setter had dumped enough mortar down the pipe to clog it .

Our Painter ruined our brand new kitchen sink and poured enough paint down the drain to clog it .
    I'm glad my wife wasn't able to catch him ... she would still be doing time in Angola State Prison for killing the painter ... She's still hot about that subject !

Glad the man was able to clear drain without breaking up slab .
    Gary
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Boolit Master
    20 years ago my boss got the idea to map a campus sewer system. Yay.
    He wanted to find the rain leaders- rain gutters dumping into the sewer. Double yay.

So he rented for me a GatorCam. With video tape VHS! so he could review the sewer later.
    There are heads for power washers, three jets in back, one forward:
    the three back jets propel the assembly like a snake down a hole (just like the snake it is)
    We slither 100 feet, shut off the water, find the snake with the GatorFinder
    mark the dratted rain leaders, easy to fix, but at the bottom of a crater,
    paint the line on the ground and then drag the snake out watching the low def TV.
    There was paint mortar concrete rocks and trash along with the usual.
    Found some crushed lines. Took all summer.

That power washer head would clean 6" or 8" pvc down to the shine.
    The big chunks usually would go around the bends.
    Dratted sewer was eight feet down.

Then we field-painted lines over the water system and electric (red white and blue)
    Campus looked like a demented labyrinth when the boss took a picture from a plane.

With practice I got really good at Dig-Safe. Yay.