Inline FabricationWidenersRotoMetals2Repackbox
Snyders JerkyLoad DataReloading EverythingTitan Reloading
MidSouth Shooters Supply Lee Precision

Thread: I truly miss BOAZ

Moderator Emeritus

I truly miss BOAZ

I miss Charlie Johns' his humor, his stories, his dedication, and our visits and phone calls!
    When guns are outlawed only criminals and the government will have them and at that time I will see very little difference in either!

"Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems man faces." President Ronald Reagan

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is acoutable for his actions." Presdent Ronald Reagan

I agree on all points. I wish some talented member would take over the stories about the Black Mule Ranch, Rangers, and early Texas history and lifestyle. It would take a special kind of person like Boaz was. He grew up there, and probably didn't have to do too much research.

DG

Quote Originally Posted by buckwheatpaul View Post
    I miss Charlie Johns' his humor, his stories, his dedication, and our visits and phone calls!
    Me too Paul. I thank God for the time Charlie was with us and the blessing of knowing him.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Boolit Master

I want to see him there waiting for me when my time comes
    Being human is not for sissies.

Boolit Master

i have been feeling the same thing this last week. keep expecting to log on and see a pm or post. never met in person, and thats my loss.
    if you are ever being chased by a taxidermist, don't play dead

I too miss him, the stories he's telling up there can't even be imagined. R.I.P. my friend.

Slim
    JUST GOTTA LOVE THIS JOINT.

Yep! He was a big help and a great example to a lot of people.
    I truly believe we need to get back to basics.

Get right with the Lord.
    Get back to the land.
    Get back to thinking like our forefathers thought.

May the Lord bless you and keep you. May the Lord make His face to shine upon you and be gracious unto you
    and give you His peace. Let all of the earth – all of His creation – worship and praise His name! Make His
    praise glorious!

He was a humble gentleman, I thoroughly enjoyed working with him to get the first Tumbleweed saga on track. His willingness to trust a new moderator to open and cleanup the thread so it had continuity as a story was amazing. Giving me that much trust went a long way in cementing my deep regard for Charlie. RIP my friend.
    Steve,

Life Member NRA
    Colorado Rifle Club member
    Rocky Mtn Gun Owners member
    NAGR member

Boolit Master

Charlie was one of a kind and was a wealth of knowledge.

Moderator Emeritus

I was new to THE CHAPEL and I had been PM'ing Charlie....and 4 or 5 months later a great friend in our little community had to move to Wichita Falls and since Charlie lived there I thought he might be a good friend for John. But I wanted to meet Charlie face to face and broach the subject before I flung him into John's lap. So I told John that I was coming his way for a visit but I swung by to meet and visit with Charlie first.....When I got to actually meet face to face with Charlie I could only see in instant true friend and a humble man. While I was visiting with Charlie and man came into his tire shop with some real problems and his tires were on the last thread and he had to make it to Ft. Worth to the doctor.....Charlie called one of his workers in and they took care of this man without taking any money! Charlie was a glad heart and a true Christian....I will forever cherish the few years we were friends! Needless to say after that meeting and asking Charlie if he would mind watching out for John he agreed and they became stead fast friends until John passed. Now God has Charlie and John and they no doubt are swapping some great stories around the campfire!
    When guns are outlawed only criminals and the government will have them and at that time I will see very little difference in either!

"Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems man faces." President Ronald Reagan

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is acoutable for his actions." Presdent Ronald Reagan

Boolit Master

i am glad he and becky got through that ruff patch and that he got to see her wedding.
    if you are ever being chased by a taxidermist, don't play dead

USMC 77, USRA 79

He used to tease me about that silly anvil he had in his front yard and how I could ship it up here to alaska. We always joked about him being a Killer of worms. He would always buy night crawlers with the intent of going fishing, and never get around to actually going. The worms would die in his fridge.

He was a brother for sure.
    Any technology not understood, can seem like Magic!!!

I will love the Lord with all my heart, all my soul, and all my mind.