RotoMetals2Inline FabricationLoad DataLee Precision
WidenersTitan ReloadingSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters Supply
Repackbox

Thread: DR Power Grader

Boolit Master

DR Power Grader

Anyone own and use this tool on a gravel drive way.

Interested in comments/reviews.
    Founder of the Single Shot section.

A government big enough to give you everything you want is big enough to take everything you have.

8 in the 10 ring, then I get a PING. Love my Garand.

Moderator Emeritus

No but I own their walk behind string trimmer and am impressed.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

Boolit Master
    It's pretty light weight, for finishing after holes and ruts are filled. The moleboard is only a few inches high so not much leveling. Not as good as a gannon type box grader.
    Mal

Mal Paso means Bad Pass, just so you know.

Boolit Master
    looks like a waste of time and money, especially with a tractor. Its too light weight to cut and why carbide teeth? standard box blade or dozer ripper shanks are hardened steel and last plenty long enough. Plus if you have red clay mixed with your gravel or limestone, that stuff sets up like cement. Ive had it so hard in the summer that I may as well have been grading a concrete slab. Watching the video its not really doing anything. If you have a tractor get a bionic blade or a swiveling back blade. If you dont, pay somebody to grade it once a year.
    NRA High Master XTC
    DR# 2125

Boolit Master

I've been using one for 5 or 6 years now and I have no complaints. Our drive is 1/4 mile long so the grader gets a bit of use. It is light but Dr made provisions for adding weight on the cross members. They recommend no more than 80 pounds. They sell brackets to hold cement blocks in place but they were OOS when I ordered so I made a couple wooden boxes to fit in the space and filled them with the bricks I had on hand. The added weight is needed if the stone is packed down.

I bought the battery powered model. I don't have to leave the tractor seat or reach behind me to raise or lower the blade. It's very handy. If you need to turn into the lawn to change direction you raise the blade and don't tear up the sod. If you come to a section where you don't want to grade or grade deeper just use the controller.

I bought the grader based on my experience with DR's PTO powered wood chipper. It will chip limbs up to about 4 1/4 inches no sweat. It got a lot of use when we had a farm and now on our 22 wooded acres it gets more use than ever.

Since I had such good luck with the chipper I bought the grader and the walk behind string (and blade) trimmer. All 3 work as advertised and I have no regrets at all.
    Chuck

Daughter has the wireless model(which quit working and C.S. is terrible) that did good on 1/2 mi drive smoothing. GK tried using it vs disk on a food plot - just got big clumps of dirt. It's not a plow or grader.
    Whatever!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Mal Paso View Post
    It's pretty light weight, for finishing after holes and ruts are filled. The moleboard is only a few inches high so not much leveling. Not as good as a gannon type box grader.
    ^^^This with ripper shanks set to bottom of potholes/irregularities and then finish with York rake equipped with gauge wheels.

Boolit Buddy
    For the last ten years I've been maintaining 15 miles of dirt and gravel roads working for the township.We use one of these https://www.bing.com/images/search?v..._pVZsUyPTRzKvG Unless your drive way is perfectly straight and level you do not want to use the ripping teeth its better to add stones you rip it up on a hill or turn you'll wish you didn't.You want the grader half the width of your driveway.Theres adjustment in the blades plus the angle using the top link and the lift arms Before we got this we used a grader and a york rake this does a much better job.It works best when its a little wet not soaking but more than damp.If you have a way to pull one It would do the best.i'm pretty much fully retired now or I would send you som before and after pictures.