Inline FabricationWidenersLoad DataSnyders Jerky
RepackboxTitan ReloadingLee PrecisionReloading Everything
RotoMetals2 MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Primer cost

Boolit Master

Saw CCI small rifle magnum primers on Natchez today for $85 per 1000. Local gun shop had them for $120 per 1000.

Left them for someone else.
    "Luck don't live out here. Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer; they kill the weak ones..." Jeremy Renner in Wind River

Boolit Master
    I remember about two years ago asking myself, "Do I really need this" when my gun club had sleeves of primers for $150, and Walmart was liquidating their pistol ammo.

Luckily I overcame those impulses not to buy, and now I'm darn glad I did!

The last I bought was at Academy about 4 weeks ago. They were $7.00 a hundred. Not cheap but, not awful either. Last few times I've been, they've been out.
    Mrs. Hogwallop up and R-U-N-N-O-F-T.

Boolit Buddy
    Friend I have been helping get into reloading called me yesterday Cabelas had lg pistol for 70.00 a 1000, but small rifle and pistol were 90.00.
    Be patient there slowly showing up and prices falling.

Boolit Master

89.95 per K at my LGS. Large and sm pistol only I think. Still too rich for my blood. The sm pistol have been there a couple weeks, maybe pent up demand is being satisfied.

My LGS got a large shipment of Winchester primers. He showed me the invoices on the primers and shipping. He's thinking about a 1000 per customer limit. He sold 5000 SP to me @ $70.00/1000. He's not making much @ that price.

I'm afraid this is going to be the new normal.

I guess when I see primers at $9.99 Cdn I should be happy if yo guys are at $8.00US.

Take Care

Bob
    Its been months since I bought the book, "How to scam people online". It still has not arrived yet!

"If the human population held hands around the equator, a significant portion of them would drown"

Boolit Master

Old henry, I've got enough to hold out a little longer. I never hoarded, but if I pare my shooting down some, I'm ok for a small while like 12 months. Just aggravates me to cave.

Boolit Master
    I have seen them $135 a K in one store and $60 a K in another within about 15 miles of each other.

Boolit Buddy
    I paid $6.99/100 + tax, last week at Academy Sports for CCI small rifle. They also had large rifle magnum in stock but not as many. Limit 4 packs of 100. Went back later with my wife for a total of 1200.
    NRA Training Counselor - Instructor
    NRA Chief Range Safety Officer
    FWC Hunter Safety Instructor
    NRA Life Member

Boolit Master
    I would like to just see a primer for sale even. Heck I cannot even find 209 primers. Normally they are all over the place.
    Stop being blinded by your own ignorance.

Boolit Master

Stopped by the LGS today and was amazed at the huge selection of ammo. Everything you could want. But prices were high at 50 to 100% higher than normal.

Managed to get a pound of W231 for $27 and was happy. No restrictions on ammo purchases, which was amazing. Powder limited to 2 lbs per visit. I have about 7 lbs of 231, so am good to go with it.

Attachment 295955
    "Luck don't live out here. Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer; they kill the weak ones..." Jeremy Renner in Wind River

Boolit Master
    We have a store that is fairly new about an hour away from me called Runnings. They do not put prices on powder. You can get one heck of sticker shock when one hits a register. No they cannot tell you the price until you cash out.

I had a pound of 4227 in my hand just before Christmas when it rung up 67 bucks I walked away.
    Stop being blinded by your own ignorance.

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Outer Rondacker View Post
    We have a store that is fairly new about an hour away from me called Runnings. They do not put prices on powder. You can get one heck of sticker shock when one hits a register. No they cannot tell you the price until you cash out.

I had a pound of 4227 in my hand just before Christmas when it rung up 67 bucks I walked away.
    In communist Michigan, it is against the law not to have items priced. I do not agree with much in this state, but not pricing goods is a strange way to run a retail store. I would not shop at a place that does not have prices on products.
    Don Verna

Boolit Grand Master FergusonTO35's Avatar
    Nobody around here sells cases of primers anymore, even Cabela's and Sportsman's. On the rare occasion they have them, primers are sold by the tray of 100. My favorite local shop does not put powder or primers on the shelf anymore. The owner keeps them in the back reserved for longtime customers.
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by FergusonTO35 View Post
    Nobody around here sells cases of primers anymore, even Cabela's and Sportsman's. On the rare occasion they have them, primers are sold by the tray of 100. My favorite local shop does not put powder or primers on the shelf anymore. The owner keeps them in the back reserved for longtime customers.
    Same way in the little general store I frequent. They will let you have up to 2 boxes of primers (for local customers), that way they keep enough in stock for regular customers. Small pistol CCI are $6.75 per 100.

Owner told me some "unknown-to-him" man walked in one day and told him he would buy his entire inventory for a good profit. He showed him the door!
    Maker of Silver Boolits for Werewolf hunting

Boolit Master

I hung my head in shame Saturday.

Found two boxes of 100 Federal Magnum Large Rifle primers at the Sportsman's Ski Haus and had to pay $7.99 per hundred. Wife asked what they cost, and after I answered she stated: "But you said anything over $5.00 per 100 is inflated pricing last month. Why did you buy them?" I had to reply - Because I don't have any Large Pistol Primers. You and your girl friends shot them all up a year ago.
    Mustang

"In the beginning... the patriot is a scarce man, and brave and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." - Mark Twain.

Boolit Master

LOL Mustang! How'd THAT go?

Boolit Master
    Just ordered 2# of IMR 4227 from Brownell's. Ran out of 2400 so this powder seemed like a good replacement. About $54/ pound delivered, ouch!

With Yellow Brass being what it is I don't see primers falling much in price. We are around $10/$11.Cdn per hundred up here. Not sure why powder would be much higher. There must be a reason.

Take Care

Bob
    Its been months since I bought the book, "How to scam people online". It still has not arrived yet!

"If the human population held hands around the equator, a significant portion of them would drown"