Titan ReloadingWidenersSnyders JerkyLoad Data
Inline FabricationRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackbox
Lee Precision
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do you think anyone will bid on this one?

Boolit Master

Hmmmm....veeery interesting. Other than being a plain-base (rather than GC) design, that sample boolit looks pretty much identical to one from a "semi-custom" mould I had cut by NEI back in the early 1980s for metallic silhouette shooting. Boolit from my mould dropped at 232 gr. from a ww/lino alloy and weighed out at 238 gr w/lube and GC. Guess my idea was just bit ahead of it's time.

Bill
    "I'm not often right but I've never been wrong."

Jimmy Buffett
    "Scarlet Begonias"

In Remembrance
    I am not accustomed to seeing such a highly visible parting line on a cast bullet. It has been 'wiped off' by the lube die from the driving band and base, but shows proudly on the nose.

Is that typical of Lee moulds?

CM
    Retired...TWICE. Now just raisin' cows and livin' on borrowed time.

Boolit Buddy
    I didn't think he would get a bid, but I guess that shows what I know. $165 for a Lee 6 cavity group buy mould.
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have." -Gerald Ford

"A democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where fifty-one percent of the people may take away the rights of the other forty-nine." -Thomas Jefferson

Boolit Master
    All Right!! At this rate I could probably finance a year of retirement on the 1/2 dozen "custom" molds I've got laying around from the development of the BDacp.

Come to think of it, I have some other "custom" molds I lapped out to try various chamber filling boolits, and extra large meplats in .44

Maybe I could base a retirement business on "customizing" Lee two cavity molds? I have a dremel tool. The downside would be that we'd probably need to keep electing democrats to keep the market strong.

BD