Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataReloading Everything
Lee PrecisionRepackboxRotoMetals2Snyders Jerky
Inline Fabrication Wideners
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Welder

Vendor Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by jonp View Post
    Nice welds, Doug. Was that last on left done at their place in Henderson? How heavy an extension are we talking in post 29? Im getting sticking with a short 12g using 110v
    I am using a 25' 12ga extension on the Hobart 140 and it welds good. Sometimes it's just a tad slow starting but the ground clamp is not very good either so if I fixed that it would start quicker.

So many things could cause current to drop and a rod to stick so I can't diagnose it over the forum, it could be everything from the wall plug to the electrode is good but there is aluminum wire inside the wall. Who knows.
    Got a .22 .30 .32 .357 .38 .40 .41 .44 .45 .480 or .500 S&W cylinder that needs throats honed? 9mm, 10mm/40S&W, 45 ACP pistol barrel that won't "plunk" your handloads? 480 Ruger or 475 Linebaugh cylinder that needs the "step" reamed to 6° 30min chamfer? Click here to send me a PM You can also find me on Facebook Click Here.

Boolit Master
    They make 100 foot 10 gauge 15 Amp plug cords, Harbor Freight and Home Depot have them. Really cuts the voltage drop.
    Mal

Mal Paso means Bad Pass, just so you know.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Mal Paso View Post
    They make 100 foot 10 gauge 15 Amp plug cords, Harbor Freight and Home Depot have them. Really cuts the voltage drop.
    Yep, I bought one, then cut off and replaced the ends with 6-50 connectors for 240V to run the plasma cutter or welder.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by DougGuy View Post
    Here is a few of my "pet" projects for 2021. They don't bring stuff when it needs repair, they run it until it literally falls apart then and only then do I get them..

Everything in these photos was done with Esab 1/16" 7100 Ultra dual shield wire, it's flux cored wire and also uses gas for shielding. I use 75/25 pretty common mix for mig, 75% argon 25% CO2.

Attachment 289413 Attachment 289414

Attachment 289415 Attachment 289416

Attachment 289417 Attachment 289422

Attachment 289418 Attachment 289419

Attachment 289420 Attachment 289421

Attachment 289423 Attachment 289424
    Nice looking work DougGuy! That kind of work separates the wannabees from the real welders!

Boolit Grand Master

I've welded a lot of stuff with a little Lincoln 225 machine. Used ones show up occasionally on swap shops and Craigslist.

Boolit Master

Several years ago I bought a Harbor freight wire welder 170 amps max can use shielding gas or flux core wire unless it is something very thick I will not go back to the old Lincoln stick welder I still have !
    The last project I did with it was replacing the bottom of a 82" skid steer bucket with a 1/8" (11 ga) 82X22 inch sheet of metal . Have done all kinds of welds I would have made a terrible mess of with the stick welder.
    When I think back on all the **** I learned in high school it's a wonder I can think at all ! And then my lack of education hasn't hurt me none I can read the writing on the wall.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by farmbif View Post
    I wish I were in Houston area,
    there's more than one. and these are very nice machines
    https://www.govdeals.com/index.cfm?f...3&acctid=21127
    Small world. I bought that welder. Picked it up a couple of days ago.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk