Load Data Snyders Jerky
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Altamont Grips

Boolit Bub
    They look good on my J frame

Boolit Buddy
    Really mixed reviews. I don't know.

Moderator Emeritus

I have Altamont grips on well over a dozen of my handguns, especially on Ruger Blackhawks and Single Sixes, but also on a Browning Buckmark. The only set I had an issue with was for the Buckmark, which required a small amount of hand fitting. All the rest have greatly improved the grip and looks of the handguns they're fitted to. I wear a size 11 glove, if that's any indication of hand size.

Hope this helps.

Fred
    After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it. - William S. Burroughs.

Boolit Master

Good grips. I put a set on a Blackhawk and they look and handle well. In the process, I got a crack in one. Got a replacement really quick. They stand behind their product./beagle
    diplomacy is being able to say, "nice doggie" until you find a big rock.....

Boolit Buddy
    I feel you on the oddly shaped hands. I used to like S&W "combat" grips a lot. But after I broke my hand I can't stand them. They doctors got 2 of the three fingers set straight, but my pinky was left with what looks like a sever boxer's fracture. It's rotated somewhere between 30 and 45 degrees. The small, thin bottom on the combat grips leaves my pinky on top of my ring finger now.

Quote Originally Posted by Drm50 View Post
    I have quite a few S&Ws. My hands are small with long fingers. It’s hard to find grips that have depth, without thickness. I have one set of Altamonts for K frame that are perfect for me. I bought them used. I look for grips than would be like Tyler adapter/ magnas. As far as some fitting problems you can run into that with S&W factory grips. I look for S&W Target grips that are beaters but not cracked. Sand them down to my dimensions. The better shape S&W grips are like gold. The targets all bringing $100+ in high condition. I have bought Sile and foreign made grips new and sanded them down. 30yrs ago when I was in business and sold guns to PDs, they almost all wanted Pachmyers. I wish I had all the S&W grips thrown in grab bin for $10.