Snyders JerkyRotoMetals2RepackboxTitan Reloading
Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataLee Precision
Wideners
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Got the shot

Boolit Master
    First Moderna shot last Thursday. Other than thinking Nancy Pelosi is one hot babe no side effects. I hope that wears off.

Boolit Grand Master

Southern France by way of Interior Bush Alaska
    Quote Originally Posted by jsizemore View Post
    I got my second Moderna yesterday morning. 11pm last night I had the shakes and chills. I woke up every hour during the night after 15-20 minutes sleep. All my joints were painful and stiff. Wore out today. 1st shot was a breeze.
    I asked the Dr about the second shot and he confirmed that it was a higher dose. That’s why some people have more side effects from the second one.

Quote Originally Posted by jimlj View Post
    First Moderna shot last Thursday. Other than thinking Nancy Pelosi is one hot babe no side effects. I hope that wears off.
    Dude, that is enough reason right there NOT to get the shot.
    "The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government. " --(Thomas Jefferson)

"Calling an illegal alien an undocumented immigrant is like calling a drug pusher an unlicensed pharmacist."

When you put Political Correctness ahead of justice, you get no justice.
    Mark Fuhrman

Banned

wife and i both had the mederna and had no side effects at all. Dad got bit sick after then second dose but hes 90 years old.

Boolit Master
    I'm in the "had it, not pleasant, lived, not taking the vaccine" group. If your body didn't build antibodies and an immune response from having it, what makes you think it will from an injection? On top of that I personally know several who had it, took the injection, then became deathly I'll afterwards. No one KNOWS what the long term effects will be, or how effective. This "vaccine" is experimental period!

Boolit Master

FWIW, might consider getting shot when I know whats in it as in a factual medical term prescription.
    10-x

NRA Endowment
    H.R.M.S.
    N.F.A.C.
    RVN Veteran
    VFW
    "The short memories of the American voters is what keeps our politicians in office"------Will Rogers

Boolit Master

My parents both get their first shot today, and my wife and I get ours at work next Friday. I'll report back

Quote Originally Posted by Thundarstick View Post
    I'm in the "had it, not pleasant, lived, not taking the vaccine" group. If your body didn't build antibodies and an immune response from having it, what makes you think it will from an injection? On top of that I personally know several who had it, took the injection, then became deathly I'll afterwards. No one KNOWS what the long term effects will be, or how effective. This "vaccine" is experimental period!
    That is the bottom line. WE are the clinical trials.
    Collector and shooter of guns and other items that require a tax stamp, Lead and brass scrounger. Never too much brass, lead or components in inventory! Always looking to win beauty contests with my reloads.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by FISH4BUGS View Post
    That is the bottom line. WE are the clinical trials.
    Figured you be used to it from all the shots we got back in the 50's and 60's to "protect ourselves and others."

Figured you be used to it from all the shots we got back in the 50's and 60's to "protect ourselves and others."
    I was raised in the military and lived all over the world.
    We got shots for every overseas duty station and they made me sick as a dog every time.
    I'll pass on anything other than rabies (if ever needed) and tetanus.
    I have had my polio shots as a kid. That's all I want.
    The reality is that WE are the clinical trials.
    Collector and shooter of guns and other items that require a tax stamp, Lead and brass scrounger. Never too much brass, lead or components in inventory! Always looking to win beauty contests with my reloads.

Boolit Grand Master

There was a rumor once that vaccinations caused Autism in kids. That rumor has been completely debunked. Vaccinations don’t cause Autism.

Boolit Buddy
    Both my parents had their first Maderna two weeks ago with no side effects. I hope when I take them back for the second one that they remain side effect free.

Boolit Master
    I don't believe that vaccines cause autism.... however, I suspect the way they are administered could have a causative effect. The standard operational process overloads a kid's not yet developed immune system as they give an entire raft of vaccines at once. Further, there is no differentiation in dosage for children and adults.

Boolit Buddy
    Just got over my second moderna shot. An entire day in bed. Could hardly walk to the bathroom. I'm 31. Not fun.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by CoolHandMoss View Post
    Just got over my second moderna shot. An entire day in bed. Could hardly walk to the bathroom. I'm 31. Not fun.
    Unfortunate you got so sick. At least now you’re past it. I’m going on my second day with the first shot. I just have some soreness where it was injected. I hope my second shot doesn’t give me side effects as bad as yours.

Wife and I got our second Moderna vaccine shot last week. On first shot neither of us had any side effects. On second shot I did not have any side effects. Wife felt tired the day after the second shot and that went away within 24 hours. I am 73 and wife is 69.

Boolit Bub
    "That is the bottom line. WE are the clinical trials".

Mark

Boolit Master
    Just got word that ole Inslie dropped the age for “the shot” to 60 years old on March 31st here in WA

I guess the cross hairs are about on me very soon after all!

Three44s
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret4207

“There is more to this than dumping lead in a hole.”

Well, I get your point and only take the shot to increase the likelihood of not getting it again. The people that I know who had Covid in early 2020 had antibodies for about a year, but none of them has (enough of) antibodies to not get infected again, so they can technically get it again any time.

The vaccines that modify the DNA parts are supposed to be "good for life" - time will tell, but for now, I trust the chemical mix more than my body's antibody production. After being in the hospital for almost a week, sucking in oxygen like a 150 year old climbing the Mount Everest, the last thing I want to do is feeling that close to death ever again.

I totally understand everybody who has concerns about getting the shot, either because of allergies or the unknown with rDNA vaccinations overall. Ultimately, it is a decision everybody has to make on their own.

The one thing I can tell you - it is not like the flu. If you have a severe case and survive it, you will never forget it.

Quote Originally Posted by tai95 View Post
    If you've already had the virus, why would you want the shot? I honestly don't understand. Your body already made a vaccine, so why stuff some unknown chemical concoction into it.

There are more and more places pulling the shots over allergy concerns. There are stories of "vaccinated" people being infected with the virus. There are stories of people dying after taking the shot. All of this over a virus that has basically the same death rate as the common flu. I believe statistically you have a higher risk of dying on the drive to get the shot, than from dying of the virus.

I'm gonna sit out this shot like I sit out the yearly flu shot. I was forced to the flu shot in the Army and I always got sick as a dog a few days after that and it lasted for a week or so. After I got out I never had another flu shot and I get the flu maybe once every 3 or 4 years.

I hope all of you that get the shot it all works out well for you.
    NRA Certified Instructor Pistol
    NRA Certified Instructor Metallic Cartridge Reloading
    NRA Certified Instructor Shotshell Reloading
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    NRA Life member
    www.primercatcher.com

Vendor Sponsor

I got my second Moderna yesterday morning. 11pm last night I had the shakes and chills. I woke up every hour during the night after 15-20 minutes sleep. All my joints were painful and stiff. Wore out today. 1st shot was a breeze.
    Same here, 1st Moderna was just a slightly sore shoulder for a couple days. Second Moderna kicked my butt good at the 36hr mark, and it lasted 36hrs. Shakes, chills, but no fever, just didn't want to move for a day after it settled down.
    Got a .22 .30 .32 .357 .38 .40 .41 .44 .45 .480 or .500 S&W cylinder that needs throats honed? 9mm, 10mm/40S&W, 45 ACP pistol barrel that won't "plunk" your handloads? 480 Ruger or 475 Linebaugh cylinder that needs the "step" reamed to 6° 30min chamfer? Click here to send me a PM You can also find me on Facebook Click Here.