Inline FabricationLee PrecisionSnyders JerkyTitan Reloading
Load DataReloading EverythingRotoMetals2Repackbox
MidSouth Shooters Supply Wideners

Thread: A 410

A 410

I was wondering if any one used A 410 in place of A 2400 for all that the 2400 is used for? Since I seen on one burn chart they are next to each other.
    Life Member of NRA,NTA,DAV ,ITA. Also member of FTA,CBA

I'm using it in the .30 Carbine with cast bullets. It definitely burns faster than 2400, but I'm getting really good accuracy.

35W
    The biggest waste of time is arguing with the fool and fanatic who doesn't care about truth or reality, but only the victory of his beliefs and illusions.
    There are people who, for all the evidence presented to them, do not have the ability to understand.

NRA Life Member

ok so it looks if used to do the normal min charge and work up with the 2400 data

I haven't used it enough yet to answer that question. I did try one load with jacketed bullets, but got crazy extreme spreads, but everything is normal with cast bullets. But yes, I'd suggest starting at or below a 2400 min load and work up, using a chronograph of course.

35W
    The biggest waste of time is arguing with the fool and fanatic who doesn't care about truth or reality, but only the victory of his beliefs and illusions.
    There are people who, for all the evidence presented to them, do not have the ability to understand.

NRA Life Member

Boolit Mold
    i use a410 in a mec 650jr with a powder bushing 13 and its the same load for 2400...and a410.....

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by tom catman View Post
    i use a410 in a mec 650jr with a powder bushing 13 and its the same load for 2400...and a410.....
    Volume and weight is not always equal.

Boolit Mold
    sorry its a #12 bushing.and yes check the amount thrown by the bushing to your load book.in my instance the bushing throws the right amount of a410 or 2400 for my 410 loads.

Quote Originally Posted by 35 Whelen View Post
    I haven't used it enough yet to answer that question. I did try one load with jacketed bullets, but got crazy extreme spreads, but everything is normal with cast bullets. But yes, I'd suggest starting at or below a 2400 min load and work up, using a chronograph of course.

35W
    This is what I was looking for , I find it interesting that how it is different from jacket to cast. for how it works .I be interesting in anymore on it .