Inline FabricationRotoMetals2Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters Supply
Titan ReloadingSnyders JerkyReloading EverythingLoad Data
Wideners Repackbox
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DHL customs OH NOes!

DHL customs OH NOes!

Yep, you guess it. I ordered a nifty 375 cal gas check mold from MP molds. Their service was great, from their factory to IL in two days!... it's been in the hands of customs

It looks to my untrained eyes that customs has released it and it should be traveling on to me... I've called DHL twice, one fellow said they would contract customs to find out what was the hold up and get a email to me... never got it, called again this morning and the fellow said it could be from 30-90 days...... I can't believe this is the norm......

Anyone know how to give someone a kick in the pants at DHL or customs??

ADMIN

you just got to wait it out

Boolit Master
    DHL doesn't deliver to me. Any time I get a DHL package USPS does the final drop off. It could be stuck in USPS purgatory with many domestic packages.

Hit or miss.. I bought laser in December, they lost a 3 ft cube size crate for a week..... otherwise local folks are great.

Boolit Buddy
    I posted in another thread... I'm having the same exact problem.

2 molds from this fall went through as quick as lightning.

Ordered on a Sunday, got it on a Wednesday or Thursday.

Then I order my newest one this year and BAM..... customs

With all the research I have done, this is strictly a Franklin IL issue. And I have no clue how to resolve it. Super disappointing. The worst part is, the status says it's past customs. So they just have to get it on a truck!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2021-02-17_15-37-26.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	70.7 KB 
ID:	277889

Vendor Sponsor

Do not panic, please. Sometimes there are unexpected stuff. I'm working with dhl on such matters. Customs are not the part of DHL and they are different animal.
    So far there is very few cases of such stuff.
    Any way..... at the end parcels all ways shows up.

Think of postal services - at this moment delivery times are more than two months at least.
    www.mp-molds.com
    --------------------------------------
    If you want to win, you must not lose

MiHec, I've bought a few molds from you and have never had a problem before. I think the previous ones came by mail... This is a kick in the pants....

Boolit Master

Customs held mine a few days , but now even though roads have been clear its still stuck in portland , no worries it should show and I will say dhl has delivered pretty quick for me on other orders , I wish Mihec had a few more molds I want in stock , as I would order more , sometimes I find something I like I order a duplicate , now I need to go cast with the 360-640 to compare to my 359-640 . Ah decisions and different flavors .

It seems customs has seized my package... DHL could not tell me why. I just tracked it and saw this

I called and they told me that customs has seized it, and will send me a letter as to why, maybe, if they want to....

Boolit Master

That stinks , well did not take them long to start shutting down ammunition manufacture at home commonly known as reloading , Hoping my mold does not fall victim to the same fate and I do hope you get your mold as I know when I order one I am anxiously waiting till it arrives

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by elginrunner View Post
    Yep, you guess it. I ordered a nifty 375 cal gas check mold from MP molds. Their service was great, from their factory to IL in two days!... it's been in the hands of customs

It looks to my untrained eyes that customs has released it and it should be traveling on to me... I've called DHL twice, one fellow said they would contract customs to find out what was the hold up and get a email to me... never got it, called again this morning and the fellow said it could be from 30-90 days...... I can't believe this is the norm......

Anyone know how to give someone a kick in the pants at DHL or customs??
    I had the same trouble with them
    its a pain for sure
    Hit em'hard
    hit em'often

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by FLINTNFIRE View Post
    That stinks , well did not take them long to start shutting down ammunition manufacture at home commonly known as reloading , Hoping my mold does not fall victim to the same fate and I do hope you get your mold as I know when I order one I am anxiously waiting till it arrives
    I know everyone want's to blame the big bad gubmint', but let's be fair to our friend Mihec. One mold being seized isn't a pattern or evidence of a shift in policy at customs. If you look at the yelp reviews for FRANKLIN, IL customs and DHL, this location has been a cesspool of incompetence for years. Hundreds of reviews and complaints online about theft, deceit, and loss of packages. Dating back to 2017 or further. In addition these reviews describe a pattern of miscommunication and sometimes even lies to get customers off their backs. Seems like the employees are not help accountable to anything there. This seems to be similar to both the DHL and customs employees.

I have to reiterate that I have always had good luck through this point of entry until now. So I wouldn't hesitate to buy again, and even better if you go through a different entry point for customs, you are probably just fine.

Let's not spread rumors that could hurt someone's business.

I received an update today with a revised delivery date of the 25th. So I am hopeful for mine.

Boolit Master

No one is spreading rumors , fact is if you read post its a comment , if you read thread you will see where I have ordered from him also this month oh last month to , fact is I order from Mihec more then any other mold maker as I like his hollow point style the best , have NOE and I use them but they do not sit as well on hotplate , It is customs where the problem is , mine was delayed there for a few days now its weather for mine , but do not kid yourself as sooner or later they will put restrictions on more of this style stuff .

Boolit Buddy
    No one is spreading rumors , fact is if you read post its a comment , if you read thread you will see where I have ordered from him also this month oh last month to , fact is I order from Mihec more then any other mold maker as I like his hollow point style the best , have NOE and I use them but they do not sit as well on hotplate , It is customs where the problem is , mine was delayed there for a few days now its weather for mine , but do not kid yourself as sooner or later they will put restrictions on more of this style stuff .
    My apologies if I was coming off as I was accusing you, that wasn't my intent. My intent was for anyone reading this thread to not start worrying about the customs process yet. I'll stay the course for now. I'm really looking forward to my 75gr NLG gas checked little 22 cal boolit.

Boolit Master

And my apologies if I sounded wrong in my comment above or below , I would hope all is well and the poster gets his molds .

Boolit Mold
    I just received notice from DHL that US. Customs confiscated my package which was an MP Bullet Mold. They only said that I should receive a letter within 30 days. Why would this happen?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boolit Master

DHL says mine will be delivered by end of day , wishing you guys the best and hopefully getting someone who understands this is nothing but tooling and it is legal .

Boolit Buddy
    Maybe we need to start calling these things "molds for pewter mini chess sets"

DHL says mine will be delivered by end of day , wishing you guys the best and hopefully getting someone who understands this is nothing but tooling and it is legal .
    that never stopped a government agency from doing anything!

Boolit Buddy
    Is this 'US customs station' in the DHL import receiving warehouse/hub? That may show that DHL really has supervision over the customs employee's and is letting the system slow for there own reasons and when complaints come in they, DHL transfer blame by lies or omission. Or is it 1 customs inspector with DHL workers under supervision, still ripe for problems.
    Shaune509

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast