Snyders JerkyReloading EverythingRotoMetals2Lee Precision
Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingLoad Data
Repackbox Wideners

Thread: Best unique 30/06 load for 311413 ?

Boolit Buddy

Best unique 30/06 load for 311413 ?

Can anyone provide their experience using Unique powder with that bullet. I will be shooting it in a 2 grove 1903A3/4 rifle. I've seen 10 grs to 17 grs mentioned. That seems like a pretty wide spread for that powder, Ray

Quote Originally Posted by rayg View Post
    Can anyone provide their experience using Unique powder with that bullet. I will be shooting it in a 2 grove 1903A3/4 rifle. I've seen 10 grs to 17 grs mentioned. That seems like a pretty wide spread for that powder, Ray
    I'll no experience with that boolit But my 200 yd match load with the same rifle and barrel is the lee 155@.311 and 14 gr. of unique.It will hold 10 ring(2 moa) all day every day for a 58 shot match Never tried any faster as it isnt needed for 200 yd matches.

Tim
    If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

Boolit Buddy
    Thanks Tim, I'll try that 14gr load, Ray

Boolit Buddy
    My most accurate loads with this bullet and Unique has been 10-11 gr. 8-9 gr. Red Dot also works well. It is an accurate bullet for my 03A3 but so far the best I have is the Lee C309-200.

charlie

Work it up starting at around 14 grains. Watch for vertical stringing at the starting load. Unique has to burn at a specific pressure before it performs right. You can see incremental charges progress from vertical stringing to a tightening or round group, then string horizontal, and then back to a round group. This may repeat several times before a final tight round group is acheived, then it just goes big and round on you. On one 30-06 work-up, I've seen the cycle repeat itself at least 3 times. For me, I've found that that between 15 and 16.5 grains seemed to be the sweet spot for a couple different boolits in your boolit's weight range. Similar results can be seen with Unique on alot of pistol loads too. If the final round group doesn't meet your accuray expectations, move on with either a different powder or boolit. If your happy and want to tweak just a bit, adjust lube and boolit hardness or alloy.

Boolit Master
    I neverused that bullet but I have fired thousands of lyman 311291 bullets with 14 to 15 gr of Unique with uniformly good results. Average for at least 12 diffent rifles over the years is between 1 and 2inch groups at 100 yards. These were fired in mostly bolt action springfields, mausers and enfields pluse a couple of sporting rifles in that caliber.

Boolit Man
    You might like to try 23 GR 4227 behind the 411467. My A3 two groove loves this load.