RepackboxSnyders JerkyInline FabricationRotoMetals2
Lee PrecisionWidenersTitan ReloadingLoad Data
MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Replacement for Dillon XL650/750?

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by beeser View Post
    The reloading press that I've used most often in last few years is a Dillon XL650. It has served me well with no complaints but I would like to replace it with something more robust or more solidly built. I had a Dillon RL1000 at one time that felt nice to operate but changing calibers was cumbersome, a feature easily done on the XL650. The RL1000 was no longer supported by Dillon so I sold it. The Dillon RL1100 and Mark 7 seem to be more solidly built but changing calibers is again difficult. Are there any other presses to look at that might be a step up from the XL650/750 but make changing calibers as easy?
    I used to have two 1050's. One set up with LP system and one with SP's. I only loaded .45 ACP on the LP 1050 and realized that was stupid. Just buy SP .45ACP brass...duh!!!!

I do not shoot enough LP rifle to justify using a progressive, but if I did, the 550 would be more than adequate. $500 for the press, quick and cheap caliber changes, and a life time warranty....not seeing the need for anything better.

I have stopped shooting much .45 so use the 1050 for 9mm, .38 and .40. A bit of a PITA to do a caliber change but not that bad. Cheaper for me to load 2000 at a time as brass for those calibers is a cheap and I can crank out 2000 rounds in 3 hours or so. I leave it set up in .38 as that is what I shoot the most. If I need 500-600 on short notice it takes an hour.

I owned a 650 and much prefer the 1050. Priming on the downstroke is a major advantage as no "feel" is required. But I never saw it not being built well enough to need beefing up....but then I only loaded pistol on it.

If I was 20 years younger and still shooting competitively, I would get the Mark 7.
    Don Verna

My (new) Dillion 750 XL Needs replacement! It came with all the bells and whistles in November 2019 and still can't load an acceptable 9mm load. Crimps on both side of case mouth on depriming, sizing. Spills powder at each station. Drops all bullets through the case feeder. Dillon e-mails are not answered. Guess I'll stick with my RCBS RockChucker. HAVE A GOOD DAY.
    If you don't have AMMUNITION, your rifle is a CLUB.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Fireball 57 View Post
    My (new) Dillion 750 XL Needs replacement! It came with all the bells and whistles in November 2019 and still can't load an acceptable 9mm load. Crimps on both side of case mouth on depriming, sizing. Spills powder at each station. Drops all bullets through the case feeder. Dillon e-mails are not answered. Guess I'll stick with my RCBS RockChucker. HAVE A GOOD DAY.
    Sorry to hear about your experience with the XL750. Dillon is swamped with orders and calls for customer service. A response from them as a result will take longer than usual. Keep trying and I'm sure Dillon will make it right. The silver lining to your problem may be that the demand for the XL750 is so high and supply low that you can probably recoup your entire purchase by selling it. The 9mm setup makes it even more attractive.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Fireball 57 View Post
    There shouldn't be any bullets in your case feeder. If you are spilling powder - do you have the correct locator buttons installed? Is the shell plate tightened up enough? Is the press securely bolted to the table and is the table securely bolted to the wall? As for crimping on both sides of the case mouth - Sounds like theres something wrong with the size die - take it apart and clean it, see if there's anything goofy going on.

Feel free to PM me, we can probably get it figured out. I don't have a 750 but did own a 650 before getting a 1050.

There shouldn't be any bullets in your case feeder.
    My first thought as well. This may help. https://dilloncdn.com/manuals/dillon...al-english.pdf

Boolit Grand Master

2nd Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

"Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, there’s absolutely no point."
    – Amber Veal

"The Highest form of ignorance is when your reject something you don't know anything about".
    - Wayne Dyer

Boolit Grand Master

2nd Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

"Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, there’s absolutely no point."
    – Amber Veal

"The Highest form of ignorance is when your reject something you don't know anything about".
    - Wayne Dyer

Forgive me, beeser for hijacking the thread, it was not my intention. But, Gentlemen, I am humbly thankful for your kind reply to my "casefeeder raining bullets." jakhamath, thank you! May God shine on all you! Have a great day!
    If you don't have AMMUNITION, your rifle is a CLUB.