Reloading EverythingSnyders JerkyTitan ReloadingRepackbox
MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationLee PrecisionWideners
Load Data RotoMetals2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any information on the new Frankford Arsenal progressive?

Boolit Bub

Any information on the new Frankford Arsenal progressive?

The F10?

Boolit Master

This is the first I've heard about it. Ya got any links?
    NRA Benefactor.

Boolit Master
    No news of it on their website as of 30 seconds ago.
    TEAM HOLLYWOOD

NRA- LIFE TSRA-LIFE SASS-LIFE

Just a computer generated image here. Maybe a Chinese version of a Mark 7 that’s obviously influenced by the Dillon 1050, that was influenced by the Star.

https://www.shootcenter.com/product/...ressive-press/

Boolit Bub
    I've just seen the image and description above, along with pricing for the press and matching bullet and case feeders.

Boolit Master

This really sounds like vaporware to me.

But who wouldn't want a Chinese made progressive press with little to no parts availability?
    NRA Benefactor.

Boolit Master
    The thing that concerns me about progressives is the long term support . If a guy sets up for multiple cartridges you can have a lot invested beyond the cost of the press much of that is not going to work on anything but that press if it is dropped after a few years and you need factory parts of any kind you could be stuck.
    If I want cheap it's Lee for me when you can buy the basic press for $125.00 and most of the extras will work on another Lee I have PM and case feeders and dies that have been through multiple Lee's. If I need or want a better press I would go Dillon because they keep products in production for many many years , they do upgrades and offer great support but the basic product lines stay in production and have a great deal of after market support.
    This is a tough market to break in to. Its would be hard to make a better press for money than some of the Lee's , and would take many years to establish a higher end product that could compete with Dillon.

I think all it has to do to be successful is work and less expensive than equally functional presses.

Lee sells a lot of presses because they are cheap. Dillon sells a lot because they are the best. If someone makes a press that’s better than a Dillon and as cheap as a Lee, both would be out of business.

However, I won’t be holding my breath.

It’s going to be pretty cheap for a 10 station press.

https://www.gunsmidwest.com/frankfor...ive-press.html

Boolit Master
    if it is made "off shore" i will avoid it like a plague. as i do with rcbs equipment. i pay more; but, i buy american.

Boolit Master
    After buying a few items from Frankford Arsenal, I put Frankford Arsenal on my do not buy list.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by jmorris View Post
    It’s going to be pretty cheap for a 10 station press.

https://www.gunsmidwest.com/frankfor...ive-press.html
    There's cheap, then there's inexpensive. I have a feeling this press is going to be cheap.

It's a VERY large undertaking bringing a new progressive press to the market. RCBS has been trying for many years to break into that market. The 800 lb gorilla is Dillon. The bonobo over in the corner is Hornady. The Gibbon out in the yard is Lee.

You have to have the ability to get parts into the consumers hands within a short time frame. You need good tech support, you need to be able to supply conversion kits, tool heads and the like.

I, for one, would not want to be a beta tester for this press.
    NRA Benefactor.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Burnt Fingers View Post
    There's cheap, then there's inexpensive. I have a feeling this press is going to be cheap.

It's a VERY large undertaking bringing a new progressive press to the market. RCBS has been trying for many years to break into that market. The 800 lb gorilla is Dillon. The bonobo over in the corner is Hornady. The Gibbon out in the yard is Lee.

You have to have the ability to get parts into the consumers hands within a short time frame. You need good tech support, you need to be able to supply conversion kits, tool heads and the like.

Perfectly stated and it made me laugh out loud. Thanks! And I LOVE my Dillon 550C!
    God gave us music that we might pray without words

Banned

do yourself a favor and dont make the learning mistakes i did. Save up some money and buy a dillon.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Burnt Fingers View Post

couldnt have said it any better. Ive had all three and my blood is blue

Boolit Grand Master
    At 1/3 the price of a 1050 I would try it. But I would get a schematic and order 6-10 of every part that looks like it might break but I could not fabricate on my lathe or 3D printer.

Heck I even have spare parts for the 1050.
    Last edited by dverna; 01-08-2021 at 02:44 PM.
    Don Verna

Banned

i curious to see one. Anyone have a link to something where there for sale or a video of one in use.

That CGI I posted the link to in #4 is the most I have found. As far as spare parts, that’s why I generally own two of something. Mostly due to my luck I could have 999 spare parts out of the 1000 in a machine and we know what one is going to need replacement. If I have another machine, I also have an extra of every part.

As stated above given my experience with past Frankfort Arsenal equipment I will not buy anything more from them - except their case polish.

Banned

only thing ive had from them are there primer tube feeders and they work great for me at a reasonable price (much better then the 300 dollar albatross dillion sells which was the only JUNK ive bought with the dillon name on it) . I also have a vibrating tumbler from them. Its probably 10 years old now and has MANY miles on it and for the last 3 years has done duty tumbling 20lbs of bullets at a time to powder coat and it still worked yesterday.