Load DataRotoMetals2Snyders JerkyRepackbox
Reloading EverythingWidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee Precision
Inline Fabrication Titan Reloading

Thread: Cabelas not tracking HASMAT

Boolit Grand Master

Cabelas not tracking HASMAT

I recently ordered 2 lbs of HP38 from Cabelas to be delivered to my local Bass Pro shop. The 2 cans of Red ordered a week before came in within a week. A month later and nothing heard of the HP38 so I e-mailed Cabela's about the order. They responded that they did not have adequate tracking information to find the order! I found that amazing - HASMAT shipping from their warehouse to their store and no adequate tracking. The two cans of Red came in a FedEx marked box, so they use FedEx for shipping to the store.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Smith View Post
    I recently ordered 2 lbs of HP38 from Cabelas to be delivered to my local Bass Pro shop. The 2 cans of Red ordered a week before came in within a week. A month later and nothing heard of the HP38 so I e-mailed Cabela's about the order. They responded that they did not have adequate tracking information to find the order! I found that amazing - HASMAT shipping from their warehouse to their store and no adequate tracking. The two cans of Red came in a FedEx marked box, so they use FedEx for shipping to the store.
    I bet they are out, like everywhere else. Also FedEx and Cabelas took about a month to get an on sale fleece hunting jacket to me back in September. Lots of shipping issues with USPS and UPS too since Covid started.

Boolit Buddy
    I had a powder order from them that took 3-4 months to show up. When I ordered online it said the powder was available but when I called a couple weeks later and it still hadn’t shipped yet they said they were waiting on a delivery to come in. I waited for it because no one else would tell me if they could get the powder or not. But I was in no hurry and it finally showed up. This was last spring.

Boolit Grand Master

No, mine was available and shipped. It just never arrived at the Hampton store.
    Wayne the Shrink

Boolit Buddy
    Well that is certainly odd. I don’t think I’ve ordered anything from anyone in the last year or two that didn’t come with tracking info. Maybe they had it on a truck they owned going from location to location instead of commercial transport.

Boolit Grand Master

Cabela's had HP38 on their website when i called so they replaced the missing order. No e-mail confirmation but I checked the website and it said 'shipped'. Got a call yesterday from Bass Pro in Hampton and they said my order is in! Still no e-mail from Cabela's which they have always done to alert me to the delivery. Must be short handed due to COVID?
    Wayne the Shrink

Could I ask what you like the hp-38 for? I picked up a couple pounds recently due to the price.

Boolit Master

I am waiting on some items also that were to be shipped by UPS. I have a tracking number, but UPS say "not valid." This has been over 3 weeks.

Contacted the business/manufacturer and they stated, "Some of their carriers/shippers are experiencing tracking number problems and malfunctions due to high demand in this peak season. Be assured that if you received a tracking number, your package is on it's way to you."

I don't know if this means it is "en route" to me, or that they simply have it tagged with a UPS sticker and are waiting for UPS to pick it up.

After contacting the manufacturer and UPS numerous times, all I get is form letter replies, some sales personnel with a generic answer, or no answer at all.

I guess this COVID has everything backed up. Time will tell.
    Maker of Silver Boolits for Werewolf hunting

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by godzilla View Post
    Could I ask what you like the hp-38 for? I picked up a couple pounds recently due to the price.
    I haven't used it yet, but with what I already have and these two pounds I think I am good for quick pistol powders for the rest of my life! That was my goal - 38 Special, 9mm, 32S&W, 32 Long, etc. including 25-20 and possibly 32-20.
    Wayne the Shrink

Boolit Buddy
    Hickok, If you linked from sellers email to track, try using the # given and going to UPS tracking direct. This has worked for me on both UPS and Fedx shipment that did not link correctly. Gates and his minions DO make mistakes @ a rate of +80%.
    Shaune509

I use the HP38 aka Win 231 for my .38, mm, and .45 acp in handguns.
    It is also one the most accurate powders I use in my Argie 1909 in 7x57 Mauser. The 7x57 load is a RCBS 7-145-Sil bullet with 9.1 grains of 231.
    M. Stenback