Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationRotoMetals2
Load DataRepackboxLee PrecisionWideners
Snyders Jerky
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Looking For 1st Mil Surp

M95's

I've had good fortune to get 3 nice 7x57's with decent bores at gun shops. 2 are matching numbers on the receiver and bolt. All 3 were under $100 each. I plan to mount a scout scope on the rear sight base and have them ready with reduced lead loads for the 2 grand sons and grand daughter. Hope to get them up to speed for PA Whitetail season. Bought the Lyman 140 double mold as advised by the "Crew" here. Both boys are left eye, right hand dominate. The scout scope cures the problem as you shoot with both eyes open. Did this with my son in a M96 and it has harvested 4 WT's. It likes those LONG Lyman and Cruise Missle slugs around 1700 fps................. Captain
    "Like cool water to a thirsty soul is good news from a distant land." Prov. 25:25

Boolit Master
    Bigscot: Get yourself a table at a gun show. Milsurps are walking up and down the aisles all day hanging off guys who bought them and don't like them because they don't look like Brownings or Weatherbys. You have the advantage of being able to look them over before you buy and you can always get them for less than the owner paid for them. And there's no paperwork to go through either.

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance Four Fingers of Death's Avatar
    Can't go wrong with a Mauser (actually you pretty much can't go wrong with any of them). Good luck with it!
    "I'll help you down the trail and proud to!" Rooster Cogburn.

"Slap some bacon on a biscuit and let's go! We're burnin' daylight! " - Will Anderson (John Wayne) "The Cowboys."

SASS Life Member No 82047

http://s89.photobucket.com/albums/k228/4fingermick/

Psycholigist to Sniper; 'What did you feel when you shot the felon Sargeant?'
    Sniper to Psycholigist; 'Recoil Ma'am.'

From my Irish Ancestors: "You've got to do your own growing, no matter how tall your grandfather was."