WidenersSnyders JerkyTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2
MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationLoad DataRepackbox
Lee Precision
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: has anyone else quit

Boolit Bub
    I quit smoking 2 years ago when my son was born, but I'm still on the dip.

Boolit Buddy
    I went through a can of Copenhaggen a day from the age of 16-45. A can at the gas station back then was .72 and by age 45 it was over $3 a can at a discount place. At that point I decided to quite cold turkey. It's been 10 years now and I still get a craving but when I say I'm going to do something I do it. It hasn't been easy and I have no clue where the money I saved from buying tobacco goes but I don't see me starting again.
    USAF (Retired) 1985-2005

Boolit Buddy
    I bought a fancy vape and two cigarettes later, I quit smoking for good. I quit vaping about 3 months later. I'll still hit my vape once in a while, but without nicotine. I have zero desire to smoke other than a cigar once every 6 months or so. Vaping works to help people quit.

Began about 1973......cigars then pipe and chew......gave it all up about 1980, never looked back.
    NRA Benefactor

Boolit Master
    Quitting is not hard, I've quit 3 or 4 times in a single day.

Like many, I started smoking when I was about 14. It was the cool thing to do. That evolved into Copenhagen, and I smoked/chewed for about 15yrs. I quit both back in about 2006/2007.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I serve Jesus exclusively...do you?

.45-70 Marlin 1895 GBL
    .30-06 Win. M70

I finally obtained a feedback post!

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...80#post4182480

Boolit Master
    Tobacco free for 1 1/2 years this time. But I never "quit".

I find it easier to just let it be,forget and not smoke NOW than " quit"... I don't worry about the past or future, not to mention count days. I can smoke any time I want, except I don't smoke NOW. Just a little difference in philosophy.

I'm 57 and I've had several 1-3 year long tobacco free periods in the last 10-15 years. I find this "now" technique very helpful, I don't fight or struggle, just enjoy freedom and forget,ignore... Stanton Peele writes real good about it.

Boolit Bub
    Well the urge has not left. I get a smell of one an say OH MAN that smell good got to taste it but it only last for a split second. I have postpone the urge since the first Thursday night January 1999. Hope I never put one to my lips again.

Boolit Master
    i have stopped a few times ,2years, 1year twice but im not a quitter.

Boolit Master
    My mother was a chainsmoker, lived to 89.
    Dad didn't smoke, lived in that cloud with us, died at 90.
    A cigarette on a racing sailboat,
    in a flukey wind is really handy:
    showing the true wind over the deck.
    We all used to smoke on the schoolbus. Cigarettes up front, strange herbs in the back. Bus driver, Wilma smoked a cigar. My dad would follow us on his way to work, said it looked like the bus was on fire at a stoplight. Could smoke in the teacher's lounge, department offices, or behind the dumpster. I could buy cigarettes over the counter at twelve. Was it odd the packs had no tax stamp on them? That's Massachusetts.

2008 I went to work for UAF, had to go from a pack-a-day to a tube-a-day of lozenges. Still eat a lozenge now and again, they are great in airports, or driving my truck, and they don't make me wheeze.
    Doctor says it'll kill me, but he don't say when...

Boolit Master

Started smoking one day in 1960 . Swiped an unfiltered Camel from Pop(2 packs a day since his WWII time in USMC) .
    Quit smoking the same day - half of that Camel has lasted me a lifetime !

Boolit Master

200 miles south of the center of the United States
    Smoked for 40+ years. Quit once for 4 years and started again. Quit cigarettes 6 years ago and started vaping. Quit vaping last summer after spending 10 days in a coma in ICU for a botched 3 vessel bypass.

Still love they way they smell when first lit, but smokers stink. I have dreams about smoking, but wake up mad at myself for starting again. I know if I ever light one up, I'm toast and back on the smokes. Can't happen, so I just don't do it.

Tobacco is a harsh mistress.
    The enemy of good is better.

Boolit Master

Can of Cope last me about a week, sometimes two!

I quit in 1993.

After several failed attempts, I changed my technique

Instead of saying "I'm trying to quit",...I'd channel my hard headed stubborn personality and say-

"I DON'T DO THAT ANYMORE"

It worked.

cravings are long gone.

Also, . . . I sat with my wife while she battled breast cancer TWICE, I'm not giving the C word a head start

Cancer sucks

NRA LIFE Member

USPSA/IPSC

Boolit Master

Quit two years ago after 25 years of smoking about half-pack a day and started using the Juul vape things. Hard to quit those since they are so much easier to use and don't stink. I think my nicotine use is actually higher now than it ever was smoking. But, I don't get out of breath as easily and have noticed other health issues went away. Will never smoke again as the smell of it makes me sick.
    "Luck don't live out here. Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer; they kill the weak ones..." Jeremy Renner in Wind River

Boolit Grand Master
    There used to be this guy that used to try and hang around with us.
    Know everything, always bragging about his stuff, rubbing it in our noses.
    He said quitting was easy, he did it many time.
    Perfect example of "Better to Remain Silent, and Be Thought a Fool, than to Speak and Remove All Doubt"

Boolit Buddy
    Started Skoal at 14, Copenhagen at 15, chewed for 20 years. I am an Ag teacher- was griping on the kids about not starting the nasty habit- it can't be that bad if you do it was the response. I quit the next summer. It will be 5 years this coming July. That and the fact I've got two daughters that will want me to walk them up the aisle at some point- I can't stand to get much uglier! You guys have a great day/weekend!