Lee PrecisionRotoMetals2Titan ReloadingInline Fabrication
MidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersLoad DataSnyders Jerky
Repackbox
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mossberg 500 410ga Forend Nut Removal Tool

Boolit Grand Master

You know, a spanner wrench might work for what you want. What is the diameter of the forend nut on your .410? I'm guessing it is around 1" to 1 1/2". One of these might work. https://www.mcmaster.com/spanner-wre...on-the-face-6/

Heck, go out and see if you have one for an angle grinder. They often use this type of spanner for their nut.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by megasupermagnum View Post
    You know, a spanner wrench might work for what you want. What is the diameter of the forend nut on your .410? I'm guessing it is around 1" to 1 1/2". One of these might work. https://www.mcmaster.com/spanner-wre...on-the-face-6/

Heck, go out and see if you have one for an angle grinder. They often use this type of spanner for their nut.
    Thanks for the link... that helps quite a bit and next time I'm able to get out to the garage I'll check the couple spanner wrenches I got. and I possibly didn't mention in this thread here that I'm a paraplegic, and so without a ramp on my house yet, it makes it difficult getting in and out when my porch steps are as high as they are to the door entrance and is another reason why I'm really not feeling like going out to my shop to make the tool.

Me and my wife also been ridiculously busy with trying to become self sustaining and coyotes killed every last one of our 20 chickens this year, our 2 hogs chewed and ate the treated lumber and killed them, and this is just the start of the things why I'm just wanting to take it easy for a little bit and just do some VERY simple work on my guns.. in other words I'm getting burned out and need some revitalizing
    Last edited by Get-The-Lead-Out; 10-07-2020 at 12:07 AM.

Boolit Grand Master

Yeah, that would certainly make things hard. It may not interest you, but here is a second method for changing forends.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0QsfrYOBww

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by megasupermagnum View Post
    Yeah, that would certainly make things hard. It may not interest you, but here is a second method for changing forends.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0QsfrYOBww
    Yeah I already know how to completely disassemble my 410 including my other two 12 & 20ga Mossberg shotguns

Boolit Master
    it does get frustrating when members jump in with answers with out adressing what is asked
    And you certainly discribed well what you wanted

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by turtlezx View Post
    it does get frustrating when members jump in with answers with out adressing what is asked
    And you certainly discribed well what you wanted
    Hey thanks for the support It's truly rare anymore!

Yeah the foolishness and flat out incompetence of numerous people who merely want to display what they know on guns and doing so by refusing to read and pay attention to what a person is specifically needing and not needing, is why I stopped coming to these gun forums.

Before the past couple weeks of coming back to try them again, in hopes that some/most of these people had left or otherwise wouldn't hit my threads again, it was at least a year and even 2 years that its been on some of these forums that I hadn't used them, and I see very little to nothing has changed.

I even tried a new gun forum last week and it didnt take but 10 minutes before the pita's started telling me anything and everything but what I was specifically needing to know ... and also the issue of people hi-jacking our threads is still an epidemic ... I literally can't count the number of times that I previously and currently politely asked people to stop bringing up totally different stuff whereby just after a few comments on my threads no one was then coming in to still discuss what the whole point of my thread is to be about, and most all of them including one of the moderators told me things like "stop whining about it", and "if I can't handle it, then leave" and so easy enough I deleted my threads and account and left.

I mean good grief... imagine how many thousands of people spend hours upon hours reading through so many of these threads that just go nowhere because of the doofusses wont stick to the point and thus wastes countless people's time and effort having to read through all of that undeniable bs? However, there's no doubt about it that there are some VERY helpful threads on these sites, but all too often people are allowed to just abuse these sites for their own bs of themselves feeling free to waste other people's time, but I guarantee that they dont like their time wasted by the self-nurtured gross irresponsibility of others on and/or off these forums in which its promoted on these forums by the site's moderators who look the other way saying eh its no big deal, get use to it

Would be a HUGE benefit if these sites would bring back what some of them had which was the ability to block people and delete replies for who we dont want on our own threads
    Last edited by Get-The-Lead-Out; 10-08-2020 at 08:16 AM.

Vendor Sponsor

What you describe is why there is Democrats. Their reading comprehension is nearly zero and they only pick out words they think they understand to form their Opinions.

Sir,,, there is no shortage of stupid people in this world, and most of them are that way, because they can't understand what they read..

Since we have established that no one makes a tool you can buy, (I even called Magpul for you yesterday asking them if they had one for.410's, they didn't) and you aren't able to make one due to your condition, that leaves us with one option,,, and that is to get someone else to make it for you. Maybe your dad, brothers, sons, friends ? You must know someone who could take a piece of tube and cut the end of it. It is a 15 minute job.

Since we've beat this subject to death I am going to leave you with this, and permanently Hijack this thread.

Rules for Understanding Liberal Behavior,

Rule #1 Liberals Screw up everything they touch.
    Rule #2 Whatever they accuse you of , they are already doing.
    Rule #3 Liberals will lie about anything, no matter how insignificant.
    Rule #4 When all else fails,,, They call you a Racist!

Tell me where I'm goin' wrong?

Randy
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"
    www.buchananprecisionmachine.com

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Get-The-Lead-Out View Post
    Hey thanks for the support It's truly rare anymore!

Yeah the foolishness and flat out incompetence of numerous people who merely want to display what they know on guns and doing so by refusing to read and pay attention to what a person is specifically needing and not needing, is why I stopped coming to these gun forums
    That doesn't seem like a fair reply. The very first post to your question was a legitimate suggestion. I'm fairly sure Magpul has made a socket for their own forends, but it was due to their design. I don't believe they allowed you to take the nut off while the slide is still on the magazine tube. I guess I can understand you not appreciating Dougguy's reply, since you did state you did not want to make a tool. He was only trying to help though. I'm not quite sure what Geezer in NH was getting at, but for all I know it's not a bad idea. I'm pretty sure it would not work. Again, I realize you said you didn't want to make a tool, but I'd say modifying a tool is different. I am somewhat confused by Hogtamer's reply. I'm not sure if you had asked this question in the past or what. I'll give you, his reply isn't helpful. Bikerbeans replied where to buy a tool that would work, just not to your liking.

I replied in the best way I could. I would never claim to have top level reading comprehension, but I did not realize you wanted a tool to remove the forend in such a manner at first. It is not the normal way of doing it. You seem to think that this tool is common, and maybe it was in the past, but I've never seen one. I've never even heard of someone changing forends as you are wanting to. That doesn't make it a bad idea, it simply means it is uncommon, and it is unlikely you will find such a tool on a shelf. The picture you posted is the very first time I have seen one.

We don't know you, we did not know of your limitations, and we do not know your experience. For all I knew, this was your first shotgun, and you were just looking to change out a forend. I certainly understand how some forums can frustrate you (can you say Shotgunworld?), but that isn't this forum. Castboolits has more helpful members on it than any other shooting forum I have ever found.

I've got this wrench...it's adjustable so it could be useful for multiple gauges.

https://www.mcmaster.com/spanner-wre...ng-ring-tools/

[EDIT] and just for the record...I do NOT have a 500 in 410ga...so you'd have to look at the measurements closely to see if you can go deep enough past the mag tube to grip the nut.

redhawk
    Last edited by redhawk0; 10-08-2020 at 01:52 PM.

The only stupid question...is the unasked one.
    Not all who wander....are lost.
    "Common Sense" is like a flower. It doesn't grow in everyone's garden.

If more government is the answer, then it was a really stupid question. - Ronald Reagan

Vendor Sponsor

A pair of big Snap Ring Pliers with 90 degree tips would probably work.

Randy
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"
    www.buchananprecisionmachine.com