Lee PrecisionReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad Data
Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingWidenersRotoMetals2
Repackbox Snyders Jerky

Thread: Have the people on fleabay gone mad?

Boolit Mold

Have the people on fleabay gone mad?

I recently bought a Saeco lubrisizer on fleabay. I had originally looked for either a Lyman or RCBS. There is no way I will pay the prices they are bringing. I saw a used RCBS LAM2 go for $365 and another for $325. Lyman 450's are going for $275- $305. Lyman 45's are going for $90 - $120. To me this is just madness.
    Call me an old coot.... But I don't paint my fingernails, I don't paint my toe nails and I don't paint my bullets!

Boolit Master

For that price one could either pan lube or powder coat an awful lot of little lead pills.
    Micah 6:8
    He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?

"I don't have hobbies - I'm developing a robust post-apocalyptic skill set"
    I may be discharged and retired but I'm sure I did not renounce the oath that I solemnly swore!

Boolit Master
    Dodge Co. GA. Between the Ocmulgee and Little Ocmulgee rivers.
    The panick buyers have jacked everything up.

Sent from my VS880 using Tapatalk

US Govt mantra: If it's moving tax it. If it's still moving regulate it. If it stops moving subsidize it

Boolit Master

Most don't know what they are selling. They just look around at a few molds and price whatever they have at a higher price. I've seen old lee 1cav molds listed for more then a new 2cav mold. And then they tack on shipping.

"Vintage" That's the word they use. Even if the mold is a Lyman made in 2016.
    I HATE auto-correct

Happiness is a Warm GUN & more ammo to shoot in it.

My Experience and My Opinion, are just that, Mine.

SASS #375 Life

Boolit Buddy
    Dry tropics of Australia. Where crocs and Barra rule!
    Having said that I just bought a an unused Lyman 58 minie mold for 50 bucks

Just saw a commercial for a china virus face mask they want 20 bucks for 1 not a pack just 1 looked like they cut a t shirt sleeve off and put it on their face. Crazy times
    Those who would trade freedom for safety deserves neither and will lose both

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by William Yanda View Post
    For that price one could either pan lube or powder coat an awful lot of little lead pills.
    Or buy a new 4500! For about $200!
    Long, Wide, Deep, and Without Hesitation!

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by poppy42 View Post
    Or buy a new 4500! For about $200!
    That's the problem, there doesn't seem to be any new lubrisizers available. Panic buyers have gotten all those first.
    Call me an old coot.... But I don't paint my fingernails, I don't paint my toe nails and I don't paint my bullets!

Boolit Master
    I got my 4500 off fleabay for $130 a few years ago. At those prices might as well go full top shelf and get a Star for $338 new.

Boolit Grand Master

This has happened before. And sadly it will most likely happen again. Post Sandy Hook I sold off all my Lee molds for a healthy profit. If the prices are sky high on eBay it seems like it’s the time to sell what you don’t need. Let the market determine what it’s worth.

Boolit Master

There is a difference in the "asking prices" and the products actually sold. I know of one set of dies that have been on evilbay for over a year and they still keep asking a premium price for them. I think most of the sellers look for the highest price that is listed for like items and then price there at a slightly higher price -- hoping. GunBroker is no different and even in some cases; no difference on here. The buyer just has to know the going price for equipment and whether he is willing to pay that or buy new. . james

Boolit Master
    seems like a great time to sell off unneeded stuff. I remember last shortage I sold some extra 223 and 9mm lee dies for something crazy like $100 each and buyers were more than happy with purchase. not a very good time to buy stuff, depending on how many calibers you cast its the cost of the sizing dies that adds up.
    before paying crazy prices on eBay I would contact Lyman or whatever manufacturer your after directly and check on availability and price. they may put one in mail to you in short order for the actual MSRP.

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by TNsailorman View Post
    There is a difference in the "asking prices" and the products actually sold. I know of one set of dies that have been on evilbay for over a year and they still keep asking a premium price for them. I think most of the sellers look for the highest price that is listed for like items and then price there at a slightly higher price -- hoping. GunBroker is no different and even in some cases; no difference on here. The buyer just has to know the going price for equipment and whether he is willing to pay that or buy new. . james
    These started off reasonable. In the $50 - $75 range. They just ended up in the stupid range.

Boolit Master

It's been silly season on eBay for a couple of years.

I've seen old beat to death Lee single cavity molds listed as a Lyman at $70 and shipping.

People are paying more for a rusty mold than a new one would cost.

I've seen double cavity Lyman molds go for close to what a new NOE or MP mold would cost ya.

It's a crazy world out there.
    NRA Benefactor.

Boolit Master
    A few years ago I gave up on the search for a reasonably priced lube sizer and ordered a new magma / star cheaper than I could find a - as is no refund - ruff looking one on eBay . I think older Lyman 45s were going for over a hundred , again sold as is .

Pan luber for life here.
    Those who would trade freedom for safety deserves neither and will lose both