Snyders JerkyLoad DataTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters Supply
WidenersRepackboxLee PrecisionRotoMetals2
Inline Fabrication
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Thank you Dillon

Boolit Master
    I bought a Square Deal back when they first came out. Then a 550 around 1991/92. Great machine! My only complaint wass the time to change out shell plates and primer systems...my problem because I like to play with small lots and experiment like everyone else here...and shoot 44 and some 357. The solution was easy...I bought a second 550B this summer after working a lot of overtime and then did some re-arranging on my bench. WHY didn't I do this sooner!

Worst thing that Dillon people have done to me was say "I told you so" after I realized the 550 didn't work near as well with LYMAN dies as it would with DILLONS....about 10 minutes after I had the machine set up. BUT they had warned me when I ordered the 550 that I would be a lot happier with dies designed for the machine.

Customer service has been excellent. Thanks for an excellent product and equally good service for the years after the sale.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL OUR FRIENDS AT DILLON PRECISON

Banned

now that we have a dillon rep on here i want to tell him that i really do have 5 square deals. Every time i call for parts i kind of get the feeling the guy on the phone doesnt believe me and wonders what im doing with all the parts.

Always a a great experience when I deal with dillon. I have only been reloading a few years, so when I got started i broke everything there was to break on that 650.Dillon has literally sent me an entire rebuild kit. Minus the press and ram. They sent me the extra when they sent me the replacement parts for my last screw up.Basiclly two rebuild kits. All free of charge. I had one bad experience when the guy asked me what dies I was using. I told him lee. He told me to call Lee and hung up on me. I ratted him out and have never had another problem again. You can't always have the greatest experience with a company. There will always be some hiccup. All in all, they are the best out there, hands down
    Last edited by acemedic13; 02-20-2009 at 02:46 PM.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Smale View Post
    now that we have a dillon rep on here i want to tell him that i really do have 5 square deals. Every time i call for parts i kind of get the feeling the guy on the phone doesnt believe me and wonders what im doing with all the parts.
    i kinda had that same feeling because i kept calling as parts pooped out.
    i sent them a pic in an e-mail of what i was doing.

Boolit Bub
    My experiences with Dillon customer service was wonderful, until about 5 or so years ago. Now, for the few times that I have used customer service it seems to be a matter of WHO you get on the phone rather than what you are looking to replace under warranty.

Case in point. My large Dillon case cleaner. After 5 years of faithful heavy service the rubber well nuts that hold the springs to the base and bowl had begun to separate. In all I needed to replace 5 well nuts. I called customer service and got a rep, then explained what I needed. I was told the total would be $$, plus $ shipping and handling. I told him that I thought this was covered under the lifetime no ******** warranty. I was told that it was a "wear" part, and thus not covered. I told the rep that I would have to call back as I didn't have my credit card handy.

When I called back I got a different rep. Told him what I needed, he said if 5 of the well nuts failed, the others would be close behind. He also included new springs. He said that they take a set after a while. Everything was sent free of charge.

On two other occasions I have had the same problem with needing primer tube ends and the garter spring (return spring) on the old style powder measure.

Previous to these events I had the media catch container for the Dillon media separator replaced with no problem. It developed a crack in the base, near the point where the plastic was injected into the mold. When you picked the tub up with media in it there would be a line of media on the floor. The tub was only a little over a year old. The new one seems to be made of a better grade of poly plastic.

Dissatisfaction with Dillon customer service I don't believe is with the company itself, but with a few representatives that are disgruntled for whatever reason. Basically, if you don't get good service, call back in a few minutes and get another rep and chances are your problem will be solved free of charge.

My only lasting complaint with Dillon is the warranty on my old 1050. On the back of my operators manual is the Dillon no ******** warranty covering the 1050. Now Dillon does not warrant the 1050 for life.

Boolit Bub

IT's not our problem

Quote Originally Posted by flutedchamber View Post

Dissatisfaction with Dillon customer service I don't believe is with the company itself, but with a few representatives that are disgruntled for whatever reason. Basically, if you don't get good service, call back in a few minutes and get another rep and chances are your problem will be solved free of charge.
    The point of the matter is, we should NOT have to call back. I have tried that a few times and just got the same agent.

WE SHOULD NOT HAVE TO CALL BACK....PERIOD!

It is a Dillion problem and Not OURS!
    Stargzer
    USAF, MSgt Retired
    NRA Life Member

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by stargzer View Post
    The point of the matter is, we should NOT have to call back. I have tried that a few times and just got the same agent.

The Dillon guy posted his phone number and extension above, if you have a problem, use it.
    Most people would sooner die than think, in fact, they do so. -B. Russell

I have nothing short of great experiences with dillons customer service I have broken parts called up expecting to have to pay for them and the guy says there on the way NO CHARGE..... I recently got a old 650 when I called up to get some parts they guy informed me all my part #'s were old and he helped cross them over he then sent out all the new updated parts FREE!!!! Thanks Dillon
    Ill be as nice as you let me and as mean as you make me, your Choice

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by stargzer View Post

Stargazer,

I completely agree. You should not have to play Russian roulette with a company when it comes to phone service. I will say since this problem, at least in my experience, has only come about the last five years or so that Dillon needs to do two things.

First, moniter their customer service phone calls for interaction problems and misinformation.

Second, take corrective measures to cure the problems found in the first step. IF DILLON DOES NOT DO THAT, IT IS BECAUSE IT APPROVES OF THE ACTIONS TAKEN BY THE PHONE REPRESENTATIVES.

I am sure that the people who mentioned having problems with tech support/part replacement are not the only ones who have had problems. Eventually this will harm Dillon if it is not stopped.

This is why I now deal with eguns.com for my Dillon needs. Great service every time, no misinformation or attitude.

Boolit Master

I have had only good relations with Dillon and their reps. You will pay more for their reloading dies but they are worth it.

The removeable guts to the crimping and seating dies make using LLA easy and pain free. Prior to Dillons dies I had to remove the die from the toolhead and then clean the residual goo from the dies and then reinsert and readjust the dies every couple of hundred rounds.

Now I just remove the wire spring thingie from the groove at the top of the die and let the guts of the die fall into my hand. Clean with a Q tip soaked in mineral spirits and I am back up and running full tilt in less than a minute without having to touch the adjustment for the dies at all. How come nobody else thinks like that.

Yah Lee is cheaper but for the 9MM's, .38's and .45 which I use hundreds of every week I go with Dillon. Loading rifle is a different story. I tend to favor neck sizing only in my bolt actions to keep longevity with my brass. However I do keep a Lee Factory Crimp Die pretty much for every caliber I shoot as it does solve a lot of problems.

I have a Lee hand press, Challenger, Classic Turret Press {still in the box},
    Dillon Swager, 550 B, Midway single stage press and a mix of RCBS, Lee, Lyman and Saeco dies and sundry parts.
    Pax Nobiscum Dan (Crash) Corrigan

Currently casting, reloading and shooting: 223 Rem, 6.5x55 Sweede, 30 Carbine, 30-06 Springfield, 30-30 WCF, 303 Brit., 7.62x39, 7.92x57 Mauser, .32 Long, 32 H&R Mag, 327 Fed Mag, 380 ACP. 9x19, 38 Spcl, 357 Mag, 38-55 Win, 41 Mag, 44 Spcl., 44 Mag, 45 Colt, 45 ACP, 454 Casull, 457 RB for ROA and 50-90 Sharps. Shooting .22 LR & 12 Gauge seldom and buying ammo for same.

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by flutedchamber View Post

This is why I now deal with eguns.com for my Dillon needs. Great service every time, no misinformation or attitude.
    Flutedchamber,
    Yes, it will hurt in the NEW CUSTOMER department. Since you, I and many others purchased our dillion loaders a long time ago ( when NO BS really meant NO BS) We pretty much agree that dillion machines are top notch...althought can't speak for the present. We still must buy our Dillion Stuff.

I just made a large purchase of several hundred dollars for dillion stuff and did the same a couple of months ago over $500 that time, but, I used their online shopping and did not have to mess with a person....a much nicer experience. Hey, maybe Dillion could go all online for purchase and repair/replacement...then they could save even more $$$$, and we would get replacements without hassle. NO BS

Yes, there are many who rave about Dillion service, you and I did too at one time, but.......wait till they get a bad experience over the phone......Hummmm.

Like I mentioned earlier, all the CSR had to do was ask me....how he or she (do they even have girls on the phone, there?) could resolve my problem. Simply ask me "what can I do to fix this?" and I would have told him.....sale person or Manager....neither one asked. Too BAD!

Hao`oli Makahiki Hau / Happy New Year to all
    Stargzer
    USAF, MSgt Retired
    NRA Life Member

Boolit Bub
    Interesting to hear that Dillon will (may) replace little lost items like locator buttons. Glad I saw this post.

I lost one for my .44 conversion a while back. I figured that problem was all on me but didn't want to pay $5 to ship a $1 part, so I've been waiting until I was going to order more stuff.

Then I lost a locator for my .223 conversion. I was now doubly disapointed and starting to look for other things I might "need" from them. Two weeks ago I found the .223 locator while cleaning the garage and the .44 locator got put on the back burner again.

Now I think I'll need to give them a call and see if they'll send one to me for free (or at least free shipping). For the record, I've only needed to call them a few times with questions, but they have ALWAYS been helpful.

As for great service, I'll note that RCBS has always come through for me. I bought some of their dies on eBay a while back and they were missing a part. When I called (and explained the history), they offered to send me replacement parts for free.

Dwarf

Dillon all the way

II bought my Dillon when it was the 500 I think (many years ago) , and upgraded to the 550b and still goes strong. The times I have used their warranty have been truly NO BS.
    My customer number is 19XX and it has been many years with Dillon. I have NO issues.
    GO BLUE!

Boolit Master

Dillon still great

Use a 550B nearly daily since 1999, .223, .45 setups. Had a Square Deal in storage for more than 15 years(no room to set up). Made room a couple months ago, several things missing/broken - the battery cap from the low primer buzzbox, primer tray, the plastic primer follower rod and bracket for the primer, and a couple of the buttons. While ordering (via mail) a bullet tray for the 550B, I described above in the enclosure, asked 'em to charge me for anything not warranted. The buttons I was charged for, all the plastic broken stuff was replaced FREE, plus the bin I lost ! I'm pretty happy and that antique Square Deal is now pounding out .38 SWC rounds as fast as I can crank . The 550B has yet to bugger anything at all. If I could just afford a Square Deal for each handgun caliber and had room for 'em it'd be a perfect world almost...

OOHRAH for Dillon.

Boolit Mold

Another Dillon Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Ugly Dwarf View Post
    Interesting to hear that Dillon will (may) replace little lost items like locator buttons. Glad I saw this post.

I lost one for my .44 conversion a while back. I figured that problem was all on me but didn't want to pay $5 to ship a $1 part, so I've been waiting until I was going to order more stuff.

Then I lost a locator for my .223 conversion. I was now doubly disapointed and starting to look for other things I might "need" from them. Two weeks ago I found the .223 locator while cleaning the garage and the .44 locator got put on the back burner again.

Now I think I'll need to give them a call and see if they'll send one to me for free (or at least free shipping). For the record, I've only needed to call them a few times with questions, but they have ALWAYS been helpful.

As for great service, I'll note that RCBS has always come through for me. I bought some of their dies on eBay a while back and they were missing a part. When I called (and explained the history), they offered to send me replacement parts for free.

Dwarf
    I personally have had great luck with Dillon and it's pretty cool that they take the time to address people directly here on the forum. My only question is to Stargzer, is there a reason why you don't spell Dillon correctly? Is the misspelling some sort of slam on them that I am not quite catching? I'm just curious.

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by orygun_native View Post
    My only question is to Stargzer, is there a reason why you don't spell Dillon correctly? Is the misspelling some sort of slam on them that I am not quite catching? I'm just curious.
    LOL, No slam, I'm just like a lot of others who sometimes make an error in spelling. I realized now I misspelled Dillon. Thanks for pointing that out, I'm just human. Next time I'll use the spell checker...
    Stargzer
    USAF, MSgt Retired
    NRA Life Member

Boolit Buddy
    Here's another hearty endorsement for Dillon.

I bought my Dillon RL 450 sometime in the early 80s. Bought it from "Cole's Guns" almost 30 years ago. Since then Dillon updated both their primer, and powder feeds. Mike Dillon (who used to answer the phone) was quick to send me both updates at no cost. He has also sent various other updated parts, again with no charge.

Last year, one of my OLD updated powder measures for the RL 450 had a catastrophic failure, when the hopper separated from the measure (remember,it was at least 25 years old), and I called to order another. When I called, the customer rep said a new one would be sent out at no charge, and asked that I send back the failed unit.

I also have one of the original Dillon case trimmers with the very long wiring plug. I updated it myself, by cutting the wires to a usable length right after I received it. I don’t remember the year I bought it, but it has been at least 20 years ago, and it’s still trimming cases with ease. Same goes for my original Dillon “Terminator” scale, works as well today as it did 20+ years ago.

In any case, I don't think I've ever dealt with a company that sells this type of quality merchandise, and stands behind it 100% as well!!!

As far as I'm concered, when one talk’s about Dillon’s customer service, you have to know, they are in a league of their own!

No BS!!!

Richard
    Cat, the other white meat!!

Boolit Mold

Dillon equipment presses

I've been using a Dillon 650 for almost two years now and have had several contacts with their customer service. The reps have all been very helpful and polite. Some replacement parts have been at no charge, and others I have paid for. Either way I have absolutely no complaints against the service and/or products. Outstanding in my opinion. I used a single stage RCBS for at least 40 years prior to switching over to my 650. Don't know now how I managed to keep up with my shooting using that old single stage.

Jim