Titan ReloadingReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline Fabrication
Snyders JerkyRepackboxLee PrecisionRotoMetals2
Wideners Load Data

Thread: Trift Store find

Trift Store find

There is a Store nearby called Thrift Hunters. They sell used stuff.
    I finally happened to be in town when they were open.
    I found a Klutch No 1 arbor press. It came with a box of extra stuff. The PO used it for making Jewelry. I guess most of the extras were for that.
    Seems in good shape. Paint looks very good. No rust anywhere.
    I don't know much about arbor presses so I don't know how good the $45 price is.
    It didn't have instructions with it, have not looked to see if I can find any yet. On the left side by the ram it has two socket head screws with lock nuts. I assume these are for adjusting for side to side play.
    If so I think it's missing the two on the front. There are two threaded hole in the plate that holds the ram in place. I assume these should have adjusting screws like on the side. Perhaps some one cab enlighten me about this.
    I plan on using this with my Lyman Shell Sizers as well as my Lee Loaders.
    I'll mount it on a piece of 2x8 I have left over from another project. This way I can use it wherever I want.
    I bought a propane burner too. The body is all stainless steel with a hinged cover. It has the name Fire Magic on this cover. I think it came off the side of a BBQ grill. I took the hose of my turkey cooker to test it out. Seems to work fine. The control knob is a bit fussy and the igniter is frozen. No problem with either issue. New igniters can be bought most anywhere. I paid $17 for it. Just need to get a hose of it's own. It may not be as hot as my turkey cooker but it will work well for camping.
    They had another thing there I was looking at. It was a piece of stainless steel about 16 or 18 inches square with a lid about 10 inches square in the middle. Open the lid and you find a stainless steel sink. About 6 3/8 inch in diameter and 7 inches deep. Larry, the guy behind the counter, told me what it was for. In a church when you dispose of Holy Water you can't just pour it down the drain. This was set over a hole drilled 30 feet deep. Thus way the Hoy water goes back to the center of the earth.
    At these dimensions it will hold almost 550 lbs. of lead. With a solid frame work under it to support the weight it could be my next smelting pot. there is a drain hole in the center that would need to be plugged. The flat bottom wouldn't be hard to add a pour spout. The cover will need a bit of modifying to allow the control handle to fit.
    The price is $44.
    Larry said over the next week there was going to be a lot of items marked down. Need room for more stuff. If this is one of them I just might buy it.
    There was a bunch of other stuff but these were the ones that fit here.
    Leo
    Last edited by 44magLeo; 03-07-2020 at 04:34 PM.

I just had a thought, Perhaps this should be in the Casting Equipment section. I don't know how to move it myself and I don't want to retype this over again. So if the moderater wants to move I'm down with that.
    Thanks
    Leo

Boolit Master
    I picked up 35 lb. of #8 shot for $5.00 Always make stops at thrift stores. Never know what turns up.
    The only amendment the Democrats support is the 5th.

Use the sink to melt silver to cast boolits that will work for both Werewolves and Vampires!
    Win, win situation!

I miscalculated somehow on my weight in lead the holy water sink holds. With a bit of proper button pushing on the calculator it comes in closer to 90 lbs. the 550 I said before. Still at 980 lbs. that's a pretty good amount.
    Leo