Load DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationLee Precision
WidenersRepackboxRotoMetals2Titan Reloading
Snyders Jerky

Thread: Dillon 650 vs 750?

Boolit Bub

Dillon 650 vs 750?

I got a Dillon sales mag in the mail yesterday and they normally go straight to the trash without me opening them. For some reason I opened it up and thumbed through it and noticed that the 650XL wasn't listed in the flyer but they now have a 750XL. I don't know when they stopped selling the 650. Question - what's the difference between the old 650 and this new 750? They look almost identical.

I did spend some time considering the price of one of the 550 series to replace my old Lyman T-Mag Turret press

Boolit Master
    I think that the big change is that they replaced the priming system with the one from the 550.

Yep, the priming system change is a negative to me as the 650 has the most reliable feed system out of all their machines.

The 550/750 system is easier to convert between large/small though.

The angle the powder measure has to run on the 750 also interferes with some after market bullet droppers.

Boolit Bub
    I'll go take a look online. I'm pretty much set up to load everything on my 650XL except for 308,280,338-06 and 45LC which are all low volume for me. I'm a little interested in the basic 550, the one I can mount a Dillon powder measure on. As I've gotten older, started casting my own boolits and thus loading more, I'm also busy and don't have hours to spend at the press.

Thanks Guys

Boolit Master

If anyone wants a 650 there's a local shop that has a couple of new in box units that need homes.
    NRA Benefactor.