WidenersRotoMetals2RepackboxLoad Data
Titan ReloadingSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee Precision
Inline Fabrication
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WTB tools to make 22 bullets from 22 lr cases

Boolit Buddy
    As far as cores go why not use #12 shot and make some really nasty ones. I like the Lee ideas. C&H will make a custom die set for aroi=unf $215. Dave Corbi's stuff is way over priced for the working man. What about using a 6mm Lee die and a .224" punch and make nice long jackets rom 22 Magnum brass?
    Some people live an entire lifetime and wonder if they have ever made a
    difference in the world, but the Marines don’t have that problem.
    —President Ronald Reagan

http://www.youtube.com/user/ammosmith

Boolit Mold
    C&H does still make swaging tooling and has a couple of presses. Those of us who own swage o matics are pretty much out of luck except for a few special order items. A conversion kit consisting of a 7/8 14 bushing and ram that accepts the reloading shell holder punches would give us a lot of good service. I am a machinist and have no access to machines and tooling.
    Brass does work harden so we should anneal it 600 degrees for an hour or so should work. 550 for a little longer would work in our home range or stove. I made a die from a .224 m2 headed button but the jacket sticks to my punch. I'm negotiating on a herters die marked .224 but the punch question is holding up completion. I will not pay the price for another piece of tooling that I cannot use immediately. I have a corbin mity mite and a .308 - .284 reducing die and no punch also a 38 trim die that the punch is too long for my Rock chucker. My God I need a lathe and a mill !!! Any Ideas?

I just got a .218 bee martini. I wanted to start casting AND swaging for this gun. I have yet to invest in any swaging equipment. Could you make jackets for this little gun in 55 gr. out of 22 casings??
    The reason I ask is, when I do take the plunge into swaging, I will be spending a lot of money on new stuff. I am saving so I can buy everything for 4 calibers in one swoop. SOOOOOooooooooo, I wanted to see if this gear should be on my list. I'm a little off topic (sorry) but I wanna know. Thanks. Joel