RepackboxSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2
Load DataTitan ReloadingWidenersInline Fabrication
Lee Precision

Thread: Holster options for ruger redhawk 7.5"

Boolit Buddy

Holster options for ruger redhawk 7.5"

I'm looking for holster options and recommendations for my redhawk. I would like a drop belt. I like the triple k holster on rugers website but it seems It won't attach to a drop belt as the belt loop is sewn on. Am I missing something? To make everything worse I have a 30" waist and I'm left handed.

Check out www.mernickle.com they have just about every style & they make them to fit every gun (you tell them the make, model, caliber & bbl. length).

Good luck

Henry

Boolit Master

I have had good luck with https://epsaddlery.com/product-category/holsters/ if you dont see what you like call them they will make it
    kids that hunt and fish dont mug old ladies

Boolit Man
    +1 on ElPaso Saddlery. I use their cross-draw to carry a 6.5" N-frame for hunting, very comfortable positioning of the revolver. I am right-handed.

https://epsaddlery.com/product/1920-...-7-12-barrels/

Simply Rugged holsters.

https://www.simplyrugged.com/ecommer...cfm?cat_id=669

I own several of Robs holsters and have never been disappointed yet by ordering any of his products. The site shows a scoped version of his Chesty Puller holster, but it can be had without a scope as well. Just call and ask about what options are available. It can also be worn on the belt strong side or cross draw.

Murphy
    If I should depart this life while defending those who cannot defend themselves, then I have died the most honorable of deaths. Marc R. Murphy '2006'.

I carry my handguns in " Drop Belt" but I put holster over the top and through the slot. Makes it
    a high ride and it's not flopping around on you. I have Left hand belts & right hand holsters. I cut
    the bottom stitches in belt loop on holster and add a leather tab with strap around holster. That
    way it can attach to drop loop like a Hunter #1100 style holster. All my handguns are fairly heavy
    and the drop loop belts with the wide skirt keeps belt from digging into your waist. You can order
    up custom anything you want. I hunt with my handguns, not ride in parades, and I don't want to
    spend $100@ on holsters. If you find a holster you like, take it to a saddle shop and show them
    what you want and they will do a professional job, reasonable. I don't understand the major brands making small belt loops on holsters for the large frame revolvers, they must have never
    carried one. I've got a 32" waist and at shows you can get some good deals on Gun belts , seems
    most "Cowboys" run a little bigger. Left had rigs are even cheaper.

If you're willing to try an across the chest hunting holster instead, my favorite is this one:

https://www.galcogunleather.com/kodi..._8_2_1178.html

It works equally well if the gun is scoped or not. Surprisingly, it works with several models equally (and very) well. The Redhawk, Super Redhawk, and 7-1/2 - 8-3/8" S&W revolvers all fit and carry very nicely. I've been completely satisfied with my Galco Kodiak Hunter holster.

Take care, Tom

http://www.pistolpackaging.com/category_s/38.htm Been very happy with this company

Boolit Buddy

Thank you all for the replies. I have yet to decide but the now I have more options