RepackboxReloading EverythingTitan ReloadingLee Precision
Snyders JerkyInline FabricationLoad DataWideners
MidSouth Shooters Supply RotoMetals2

Thread: PC and the 44 MAG.

Boolit Master

PC and the 44 MAG.

Well I had good results with PC in the 45lc and 44 spl so I thought I would step things up a bit. Im using Eastwood copper penny, over a 250 Saeco swc. Coated and sized .429 to fit my 7.5" Redhawks throats. My load is 20 gr wc820 mil surp. Tried and true load in MY powder lot.
    With the same bullet and alloy sized to .431 with my version of Lithilube this is a tac driving slightly reduced load. I changed the bullet to a PC bullet and accuracy was great on par with the Traditional lubed boolit. But this was now a full magnum load. Safe and not a overload at all but I would call it CLOSE to max.
    I did not expect this. I will drop a grain or so and retest. But I have been reading how pc drops pressure some but not in this case. Has anyone else noticed a pressure increase with PC?
    No leading but only once out of six gun fulls I had a little bit of a hard extraction but I am fairly sure it was pc residue as I could feel the tac on the brass.
    NRA LIFER .. "THE CAST BULLET HANDLOADER IS THE ONLY ONE THAT REALLY MAKES ANY OF HIS AMMUNITION. OTHERS MEARLY ASSEMBLE IT". -E.H. HARRISON

----------------------
    "Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not."
    Thomas Jefferson
    ------
    "Government is not a solution to our problem, government is the problem."
    -- Ronald Reagan

Boolit Master
    I don't use that bullet or powder, but with the LFN bullets I cast and PC, I haven't noted any increase of pressure over a lubed bullet.

I wonder what increase in velocity there was.