Snyders JerkyWidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee Precision
Load DataRepackboxTitan ReloadingInline Fabrication
RotoMetals2

Thread: For thought and meditation

Boolit Master

For thought and meditation

He…wondered that there was no intercessor… ISAIAH 59:16
    The reason many of us stop praying and become hard toward God is that we only have an emotional interest in prayer. It sounds good to say that we pray, and we read books on prayer which tell us that prayer is beneficial— that our minds are quieted and our souls are uplifted when we pray. But Isaiah implied in this verse that God is amazed at such thoughts about prayer.
    Worship and intercession must go together; one is impossible without the other. Intercession means raising ourselves up to the point of getting the mind of Christ regarding the person for whom we are praying (see Philippians 2:5). Instead of worshiping God, we recite speeches to God about how prayer is supposed to work. Are we worshiping God or disputing Him when we say, “But God, I just don’t see how you are going to do this”? This is a sure sign that we are not worshiping. When we lose sight of God, we become hard and dogmatic. We throw our petitions at His throne and dictate to Him what we want Him to do. We don’t worship God, nor do we seek to conform our minds to the mind of Christ. And if we are hard toward God, we will become hard toward other people.
    Are we worshiping God in a way that will raise us up to where we can take hold of Him, having such intimate contact with Him that we know His mind about the ones for whom we pray? Are we living in a holy relationship with God, or have we become hard and dogmatic?
    Do you find yourself thinking that there is no one interceding properly? Then be that person yourself. Be a person who worships God and lives in a holy relationship with Him. Get involved in the real work of intercession, remembering that it truly is work— work that demands all your energy, but work which has no hidden pitfalls. Preaching the gospel has its share of pitfalls, but intercessory prayer has none whatsoever.
    when the dust settles and the smoke clears all that matters is I hear the words " well done my good and faithfully servant "

<(*)(()><

Boolit Buddy
    Wow! Gulp!

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar
    Thank you , good lesson . To be in Christ when giving prayer whether praise , request or just talking to him . I have to stop and be still and clear my mind before I pray . It's not thinking about what I want to say to him instead it's trying to leave this word behind and having a personal time with him .
    No turning back , No turning back !

Thank you rl69. You described my prayer life for most of my life to a "This is what I want God. Give it!" Only in the past few months have I realized how misguided and wrong it is, no to mention selfish. I thought prayed for others, but didn't intercede for them. Seeing them as God does makes a big difference in how we pray. Thank you for this.
    All government without the consent of the governed is the very definition of slavery - Jonathan Swift
    You have enemies? Good, it means you've done something with your life - Winston Churchill

Boolit Master

Amen.