Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingInline FabricationReloading Everything
WidenersRotoMetals2RepackboxLoad Data
Snyders Jerky MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Air automated ballisticast mk x

Air automated ballisticast mk x

Here's my mk x I automated using air switches, 5 way valve and a timer ... Works pretty good. It will benefit from Plc controlled lead pour and controls..(hatch) I have a Hatch controlled master caster also..I like the control the Plc gives me..d

a

Boolit Buddy
    Very nice Uncle Dino ! Can you go into a little more detail on your work of art ?

The reciprocating system is relatively simple.. It is a 5 way air piloted air valve. When the handle hits the air switch, it reverses the spool in the valve, changing directions. The speed is controlled by adjustable exhaust port valves. The lead pour is a little trickier. The pour air switch controls a single piloted valve that extends a small air cylinder to hit the switch which starts the electrical timer for the pour cylinder. I tried a one shot air switch, but the air couldn't bleed off fast enough to prevent the occasional double pour... I was wrong in the video about air cylinder size. It is 1 1/4.. .. The large cylinder is required for smooth operation.. A smaller 3/4 cylinder would surge and slam the handle. This causes the mold carriage to over run its position under the pot.. I've ran this set up for about 3 years now and it is quite reliable. D

Boolit Master
    That is very nice, shows you can effectively automate things without the use of a PLC. Good use of a restricting valve on the exhaust to slow the cylinder down. It will also help make the cylinder and machine live longer without it being beaten to death with hitting limits at full speed.

Bumping this up for the guys looking for this thread.