MidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersSnyders JerkyRepackbox
RotoMetals2Titan ReloadingInline FabricationLoad Data
Lee Precision
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gun Friendly version of PayPal?

Gun Friendly version of PayPal?

We know how rabidly anti-gun the people at PayPal and Google Checkout are...

Are there any similar type on-line money transfer companies that are gun friendly?
    “If your only tool is a hammer, then all your problems start to look like people who need to be beaten with a hammer.”

Boolit Master
    It would seem to me that the NRA would be big enough to pull off something like paypal. I'd think that the money made could go into either the general fund or ILA. Would it jeopardize some non-profit status? But I know of no such current operation.
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety".
    Benjamin Franklin

Where an excess of power prevails, property of no sort is duly respected. No man is safe in his opinions, his person, his faculties, or his possessions.
    James Madison

In Remembrance
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperMag View Post
    ...rabidly anti-gun...
    PayPal has never objected when I used that service to pay for guns, or gun-related merchandise. If they foamed at the mouth, it was something I wasn't able to see.
    CM
    Retired...TWICE. Now just raisin' cows and livin' on borrowed time.

Moderator Emeritus
    Ditto Charlie.

To date Paypal has never had an issue with me using it to buy gun related goods and I use it at least 3 times a month.

For fine firearms and shooting requisites visit my Web Site by clicking the link below:

Pukka Bundhooks

Boolit Grand Master

Unless the seller specifically Denys paypal, it is my preference.

Boolit Master
    "PayPal Acceptable Use Policy

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This Policy was last modified on May 14, 2008.

You are independently responsible for complying with all applicable laws in all of your actions related to your use of PayPal's services, regardless of the purpose of the use. In addition, you must adhere to the terms of this Acceptable Use Policy.

Prohibited Activities
    You may not use the PayPal service for activities that:

violate any law, statute, ordinance or regulation

relate to sales of (a) narcotics, steroids, certain controlled substances or other products that present a risk to consumer safety, (b) drug paraphernalia, (c) items that encourage, promote, facilitate or instruct others to engage in illegal activity, (d) items that promote hate, violence, racial intolerance, or the financial exploitation of a crime, (e) items that are considered obscene, (f) items that infringe or violate any copyright, trademark, right of publicity or privacy or any other proprietary right under the laws of any jurisdiction, (g) certain sexually oriented materials or services, or (h) certain firearms, firearm parts or accessories, ammunition, weapons or knives"
    Sellers who have ignored this have had their funds "seized" and held by paypal.
    Last edited by scb; 10-17-2008 at 06:11 PM.
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety".
    Benjamin Franklin

Where an excess of power prevails, property of no sort is duly respected. No man is safe in his opinions, his person, his faculties, or his possessions.
    James Madison

In Remembrance
    Oh!
    Now I understand!
    PayPal doesn't want their service used for certain firearms...certain firearm parts and accessories...and not for ammunition.

But, they are rabidly anti-knives!
    (or, perhaps that is just certain knives...huh?)

CM
    Last edited by montana_charlie; 10-17-2008 at 09:24 PM.
    Retired...TWICE. Now just raisin' cows and livin' on borrowed time.

Boolit Buddy

Thumbs down

PayPal doesn't care if you use it to PAY for guns etc, but when you sell something and try to COLLECT the money, they seize it and the seller is out of luck trying to get his funds.

Quote Originally Posted by scb View Post
    Sellers who have ignored this have had their funds "seized" and held by paypal.
    Indeed... I had this happen a couple of years ago. I've since been using Google checkout, but I suppose it's a matter of time 'til I get busted by them as well...
    “If your only tool is a hammer, then all your problems start to look like people who need to be beaten with a hammer.”

Boolit Master

May I make a few suggestions?

1. If you do not appreciate Google's or PayPal's ideology, stop using them. Remember, Google was one of the notorious four that caved to the Red Chinese, leading to arrest and imprisonment of more than 2000 Internet users. And Google-Red China is a censored service. To report this is at variance with their Mission Statement, advertising, and nearly all public statements on these issues shows hypocrisy becoming art.

2. I've never had a buyer or seller have a problem with USPS aka "snail mail" and certified funds or money orders or personal checks -- if you are willing to wait for check to clear. Depending upon: bar coded label; handwritten or printed labelling; type of mail service -- correspondent will receive what is sent within 24 hours.
    It’s so simple to be wise. Just think of something stupid to say and then don’t say it. Sam Levinson

Quote Originally Posted by Naphtali View Post
    May I make a few suggestions?

1. If you do not appreciate Google's or PayPal's ideology, stop using them.
    That's why I'm looking for an alternative.

I've never had a buyer or seller have a problem with USPS aka "snail mail" and certified funds or money orders or personal checks...
    By insisting on USPS Money orders, it makes it difficult to accept credit card payments for merchandise on one's web site...

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by SuperMag View Post
    That's why I'm looking for an alternative.

By insisting on USPS Money orders, it makes it difficult to accept credit card payments for merchandise on one's web site...
    AHA! Business transactions are a whole different bag of cats. I don't do many eBay transactions. I do know that several vendors use an alternative service -- whose identity I cannot recall. If you have children, put them to work on eBay vendors (at random?) to find the service. You'll have your alternative within one day. What I cannot confirm, though, is that the alternative is less objectionable than PayPal. You would need to query them or read their policy statement.

Hope this helps.
    It’s so simple to be wise. Just think of something stupid to say and then don’t say it. Sam Levinson

Boolit Mold
    So I am curious. Do your locally owned gun shops not take cash or checks? I usually find my local shop to be cheaper, faster, easier, and more secure to shop at than using PayPal or any online payment system. My wife had her paypal hacked, we have had credit cards replaced multiple times because online retailers have failed to protect our data. But if I carry cash or a check down to the local mom-and-pop, there's never any waiting period for it to clear and anything I can buy online and have shipped to me, they can have shipped to them from their distributors.

Boolit Bub
    Sometimes you come across a "good buy" which is not worth getting if you had bought locally and had to pay local prices.
    I have seen a relatively new service by credit card companies called the "one time card number". It is only good for one use, and protects your account from theft.

guys i may be wrong but i think the govenment pull n.r.a.s non profit staus it was pushed by the anti-gun group but it would make a lot of money .
    e-bay is going to requireall sales to allow paypal or maybe its only paypal.
    but isnt pay-pal owned by e-bay that waythy get the moneycoming and going

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE

crime dont pay as will as politics

Boolit Grand Master

There was an outfit called BID-PAY.. did that go under ??

Boolit Master
    I dont know what alternative may be available in the US but here in BC Canada I can go to my bank (CIBC) and get a bank money order. The money order is made out to the recipiant and is as good as cash!! Further, my bank does not charge me for preforming the service but I cant recall if that is because I'm an old fart or not. You may want to check out what your bank can do for you.
    R.D.M.

Boolit Master
    OK,
    Why does paypal have to know what the money is for anyway? I understand that if it is an auction or something that they know, but other than that do they necessarily know what the money is for? I do not know for I never have used paypal on the receiving end, only the giving.

Boolit Master

+1 for the cashier's check (or cheque, if you must). Good as gold, and my CU doesn't charge - but I'll bet many commercial banks do.
    Echo
    USAF Ret
    DPS, 2600
    NRA Benefactor
    O&U
    One of the most endearing sights in the world is the vision of a naked good-looking woman leaving the bedroom to make breakfast. Bolivar Shagnasty (I believe that Lazarus Long also said it, but I can't find any record of it.)

I almost always try to pay with a postal money order but I have also been known to buy a roll of paper towels for 300 bucks.LOL. Theirs ways around it as long as both parties agree to what the sale wordings going to be prior to the sale. And yes, Sleez-Bay ownes PayPal so the antis are getting the money anyway and why I try to pay always with a money order because I dont want to support a company like that. Just my 2 cents worth.
    ** Please bear with me for a day or two if I dont reply quickly.**
    Mike B.
    Gun Control= Being able to hit your target.