Titan ReloadingInline FabricationWidenersLee Precision
MidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyRotoMetals2Load Data
Repackbox

Thread: I had a nice find today!!

Banned

I had a nice find today!!

I went to the Fondulac, Wisconsin gunshow today and went home with a brand new in the box Redfield No. 70E T. I'm pleased with myself again..
    This reciever sight is of 1938 vintage and will go nicely on my 1937 vintage
    "94" Winchester. The suggested manufaturers retail price marked on the box is
    $8.50. I gave $150 and am thinking I done good. These are few and far in between (in this condition) as I have been looking for one for quite some time.
    I love reciever sights and have long felt that they never got the attention that they deserved. (No, I don't like putting aluminum on my vintage classic American deer rifles.) Anyway, I'm happy and that's what really counts.

BTW, The seller of this sight deals only in vintage sights and is quite a guy......

That is a class sight for a classic rifle, and you did make a good find! There used to be a dealer that attended the bigger shows around here that had all kinds of old sights, and parts for them. I bought a few things from him, but nothing as nice as the sight you found. He no longer attends the shows, and I miss seeing what new treasure he might have.

Boolit Master
    Dang! - I missed a Fond Du Lac show?
    Double Dang - there's almost always interesting stuff there - it's far & away my favorite show.
    Sounds like you made a nice find.
    Uncle R.

Banned

nice find!

for those who know nothing of what it looks like could you post a pic of it mounted on your rifle?

Boolit Master

Blammer he is a young guy that can see if i didnt have a scope I couldnt see to get the shells in. or is that a 12 in a 20 or a 22 in a 44 oh well something like that-------nice sight for those that can see rick

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance Four Fingers of Death's Avatar
    I got one buried away that will fit a Model70 Winchester. Throuble is the only Mod70 I have at the moment is a nice post 64 XTR in 22/250, not really reciever sight stuff. One day a pre in 270 or 3006 one will come up.
    "I'll help you down the trail and proud to!" Rooster Cogburn.

"Slap some bacon on a biscuit and let's go! We're burnin' daylight! " - Will Anderson (John Wayne) "The Cowboys."

SASS Life Member No 82047

http://s89.photobucket.com/albums/k228/4fingermick/

Psycholigist to Sniper; 'What did you feel when you shot the felon Sargeant?'
    Sniper to Psycholigist; 'Recoil Ma'am.'

From my Irish Ancestors: "You've got to do your own growing, no matter how tall your grandfather was."

Boolit Master
    That fella probably went to that show figuring that he was never going to sell that sight and it took the right person to make that happen..
    Reading can provide limited education because only shooting provides YOUR answers as you tie everything together for THAT gun. The better the gun, the less you have to know / do & the more flexibility you have to achieve success.

Banned
    Bass, This gent that I purchased this sight from is almost professional in his pursuit of antique sighting paraphernalia. His display changes with each gunshow. As I understand
    he and his wife travel extensively and is in a constant search mode. I cann't locate his buisness card at the moment. I'll post it if I find it. Letting him know what you're looking for, he will notify you when he finds whatever. He does not have junk by any means.
    I really enjoy looking at the interesting "stuff" he has to offer.

Boolit Master
    About a year ago I purchased a Redfield peep for a Marlin 336 .

Think I paid $350 for mine and it included shipping from Washington state to Virginia

Oh yeah almost forgot it also included a Marlin 336SC in 30-30 of 1962 vintage
    Parker's , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines

In Remebrance

Pictures!!! We Need Pictures!!!!!

Banned

Picture of Redfield 70E T

This is IT! Didn't turn out to bad. If you double click on the Thumbnail you can enlarge the pic to read the paper work.........Caution! Tipping your head to far to the left may cause premanent brain loss. Please attempt to place one fingure in ear canal (the left ear preferably). This is serious stuff that I'm telling you!
    Look at what happened to the Democrates. Don't let that happen to you!
    Last edited by The Dust Collector; 11-11-2008 at 10:24 PM.

Cast Boolits Founder/B.O.B.

for those of us that cant tilt our heads.
    Boolits= as God laid it into the soil,,grand old Galena,the Silver Stream graciously hand poured into molds for our consumption.

Bullets= Machine made utilizing Full Length Gas Checks as to provide projectiles for the masses.

http://www.cafepress.com/castboolits

castboolits@gmail.com

Banned
    How'd you do dat?
    Thanks BIG TIME!

Banned

is there any drilling and tapping required to use it?

Banned
    My 94 is D&T'd from the factory (most are or were) . 2, 6-40 holes .4375" apart on the saddle ring side of the receiver. All that I have to do to install it, is remove the 2 plug screws and mount the sight.............

I found a similar one a couple of years ago at the Antigo (WI) gunshow. Probably bought it from the same guy. Mine didn't have the target knobs and wasn't in pristine shape like yours, but then again it was a nice match to the rifle I mounted it on.

-ktw

Banned
    Don't know what got into me, but I just had to edit #11

Banned
    Well I mounted this sight on my "94" this weekend and made a trip to the range. WHAT a difference that made verses the factory sight. With my older eyes (still don't wear corrective glasses, safeties I do) getting a 6" group at 100 was normally the best I could do. With the receiver sight I was able to cut that in half! That $150 that I parted with was well spent!!!!
    IMHO

Boolit Master
    Helps to have that light for sure.
    Reading can provide limited education because only shooting provides YOUR answers as you tie everything together for THAT gun. The better the gun, the less you have to know / do & the more flexibility you have to achieve success.