WidenersLee PrecisionLoad DataTitan Reloading
RotoMetals2Snyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline Fabrication
Repackbox
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Glock 35 Competition model any good?

Banned

Glock 35 Competition model any good?

I went against my logical side and purchased a Gen III model 35 comp gun with 4 barrels. One original Glock barrel, two other high end 40 cal barrels and a high end 357 sig barrel. I generally don't care for Glocks but I figured with the 4 barrels it wasn't a bad deal for the money. I like the ported slide and the aftermarket compensator hanging on the end of the barrel.

The moronic side is the prior owner wasn't smart enough to drill into the barrel for the comp screw and rounded out the inside of the loctited set screw. Or I wasn't smart enough and purchased it that way. Anyway now to figure out how to get the stripped set screw out of the compensator.

I thought of using epoxy and setting a allen wrench letting it set up and maybe being able to remove the loctited set screw.

Anyway.... are these so called comp guns any good?

Banned
    I'm going to part with the KKM Match 357 Sig G35C1 barrel and the Storm Lake 40 cal stainless barrel. If anyone knows a fair value for them let me know and I will post them in the for sale section. Both look like they have very little use. I don't plan on ever going to 357 sig as its just another set of dies to purchase and I'm loading enough calibers now.

Boolit Master

are these comp guns any good..well depends a lot on who's compensator, who's barrel, how the gun is set up, and what kind of ammo you feed it. first hint about comps, feed them either hollow point bullets or plated bullets. bare lead will make a miserable mess in a hurry.

In Remembrance

My Son carried the standard length barrel model 2 tone color slide and frame with the ported barrel and slide in .40 S&W in a Don Hume middle of the back holster. It had a likeness for 165 gr. bullet loads.Robert

Groo gere
    I have a G-35 also.
    DO NOT sell the 357sig barrel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!
    I doubt that you will find the 40 short and weak to be overly accurate, none of mine were.
    ALL my 40's [except my Gold Team witness] have been converted to 357sig and the difference is amazing.........
    Sell the 40 barrels and get a 9mm conversion barrel and mags for cheap shooting, and save the 357sig for "serious" stuff.

Boolit Master

I like my G35, but it's not a comp gun.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Groo View Post
    Groo gere
    I have a G-35 also.
    DO NOT sell the 357sig barrel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!
    I doubt that you will find the 40 short and weak to be overly accurate, none of mine were.
    ALL my 40's [except my Gold Team witness] have been converted to 357sig and the difference is amazing.........
    Sell the 40 barrels and get a 9mm conversion barrel and mags for cheap shooting, and save the 357sig for "serious" stuff.
    I appreciate your input. I still however am still thinking along the lines of parting with the 357 sig barrel. I have no desire to load for the 357 sig.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by lefty o View Post
    are these comp guns any good..well depends a lot on who's compensator, who's barrel, how the gun is set up, and what kind of ammo you feed it. first hint about comps, feed them either hollow point bullets or plated bullets. bare lead will make a miserable mess in a hurry.
    The current barrel is a Lone Wolf 40 cal. The comp is a Jager. The internals have been changed to allow for a more crisp cleaner trigger pull with better reset. The trigger assembly has also been changed and the brand is unknown.

From what I understand there were two models of the 35 the comp with the ported slide and the adjustable sights and the more base model with the non-adjustable sights non ported slide and the more stock 6or 7lb trigger pull. This gun actually mentions that it has a very lite trigger pull on a label on the case and a small printed card that says " Competition Trigger Only" "If you shoot yourself or someone else its your FAULT."

Banned
    So, anyone have an idea what a slightly used 40 cal Storm Lake and a KKM 357 sig barrel are worth? I intend to list both in the for sale section and simply need to know where to start price wise. I know they were $165-169 ea when new.

Boolit Master

the 35 comes in one flavor, big hole in top of slide, adjustable sights, and the - trigger bar. with all aftermarket parts, its hard to say where you are starting, but in general comps work best with max loads of slower burning powder. also ill mention it again, unless you enjoy scraping lead out of a compensator, use hp or plated bullets as exposed lead really does a number on a comp.

Banned
    I'll have to take a picture of it. The standard model 35 that I saw on a different shelf at the gun store didn't have a ported slide or the adjustable sights.

Boolit Master

I thought that all 34 and 35's have the relief in the slide to reduce weight. The comp guns that they made had two elongated reliefs in the slide as far as I know.

I purchased a used KKM G17 barrel on eBay for 125 and felt like it was a fair deal.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Plate plinker View Post
    I thought that all 34 and 35's have the relief in the slide to reduce weight. The comp guns that they made had two elongated reliefs in the slide as far as I know.
    you are correct, the 34, and 35 slides are longer than a 17, and glock made them the same weight by removing that big cutout in the top of the slide.https://cdn3.volusion.com/ftmar.dfpr...35300103-2.jpg
    Last edited by lefty o; 07-11-2017 at 09:09 PM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by retrobass View Post
    I purchased a used KKM G17 barrel on eBay for 125 and felt like it was a fair deal.
    Then $125.00 for the KKM and $125.00 for the Storm Lake I would assume should be fair also. I will post it in the for sale.

I about a G lock 20 with Jager comp quite a bit. Lead worked fine, it was all I shot. It did make the gun pretty big, but was really nice to shoot. Even if there is no gas to work the comp, it still slows the slide down due to the weight, makes everything shoot softer.

Banned
    I took the 35 out and shot it and wasn't impressed. I tend to think it was money wasted but I will give it a little more time for me to get used to it. With respect to the comp.... I would rather have a ported barrel which in my opinion actually works. The end of the barrel comp from Jager leaves a lot to be desired. The set screw is too small to render it un-movable. The one I have on the newly purchased used gun moves about 1/4" due to the former owner not knowing how to correctly install the aftermarket comp on the barrel. Jager needs to have their engineers review the diameter of the set screw and do an engineering change to allow for a larger diameter set screw. The barrel needs a small flat or a slight countersink to be put on it gently to allow the set screw a surface to tighten down to and actually stay put where it is tightened. I'll have to work on it so I can remove it work on the barrel and install a larger diameter set screw. Once off and re-worked so it will go on correctly I will be able to access it the comp actually does what it is supposed to do.

I don't see that shooting lead will make any difference since the comp is at the end of the barrel.

I didn't use the set screw at all, just let the spring guide index the comp. Made it really fast to put on and off, and didn't move much.

The comps actually work far more than ports do, since they have more surface area and weight to work on.

Also, they do slightly different things, since ports are really more for shooting 'flatter', comps can be built for shooting 'flatter','softer' or some combination of the two. The Jaeger does sort of a mix.

Do you have the two port or three port?

If you end up not liking it, I may be interested, fwiw.

Banned
    I large port and three small.

Boolit Master
    Seven years ago when I brought my Glock22, My 40SW and 9mm conversion barrels (storm lake) where about $120. About 3 or 4 years ago I brought a Gen 4 Glock 35. I have a KKM 40 barrel and a 9 mm lone wolf conversion barrel. These guns are not bullseye shooter, but they are good enough to shoot very fast in a USPSA match and hold the "A" zone on a USPSA course. Back than the KKM barrels where $175 new. The Lone Wolf 9 mm G35 conversion barrel was about $110 new 3 years ago. My barrels on not ported, nor compensated.