Snyders JerkyRepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline Fabrication
WidenersRotoMetals2Lee PrecisionLoad Data
Titan Reloading

Thread: Ruger No.1 stock question...

Banned

Ruger No.1 stock question...

To make a long story short, how is the pistol grip cap removed from a No.1?

Banned
    Wow I thought that I would have a response by now! I am speculating that the center gold medallion covers a screw. I see that there is no obvious way of pulling this madallion without damaging it. Well here goes... I plan on drilling and tapping the medallion and using a screw to try and pull it. I guess that I'll find out for myself. I'll keep in touch...

Boolit Master
    You have it right, that's how it has to be done. If you are planning to reuse the cap I have made repacement fillers out of the ivory teeth of elk. Slab off the top of the tooth with a disc on a Dremel tool. Sand or file it level on the cut side and epoxy it to a piece of dowel. Chuck the dowel in a drill press and dress the side of the ivory to the right diameter to fill the hole in the cap. Using a traingular needle file cut a groove around the middle of the square edge for epoxy to lock into when you glue it back in the cap. Pop it loose from the dowel and clean bottom face of glue. Makes a nice touch if you have an ivory tooth. Other materials could be used the same way. Oh yeh- a bit of aluminum foil over the screw head will keep the slots from getting filled with epoxy in event you have to remove it one day.

Banned
    Thanks stocker! Now at least I have a bit more confidence in my pursuit.