RotoMetals2Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingLoad Data
RepackboxSnyders JerkyWidenersMidSouth Shooters Supply
Inline Fabrication Lee Precision
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Midway USA

Boolit Master
    They have always treated me right for around 20 years, I have a business account, maybe that's why I don't get birthday cards!!! An occational 20% discount coupon might be better than the dealer pricing, particliarly on bullets!!
    Take a kid to the range, you'll both be glad you did.

always had great service from midway, good people sometimes we pay a little higher price for peace of mind, when I order from them I know I know I will get it in about 4days or less, but I always like to talk to a real person on the phone , I haven't ordered from them on the net

I've had my midway tumbler for about 15 years and sent it off to have the motor replaced when they had the recall. Never had a problem out of it before or after. They do have great customer service and are fun to haggle with when you catch them at their local gun show or the big one in Tulsa. Lots of great deals on scratch & dent and open box stuff over the years.

Midway Customer Service

I placed another order with Midway last night at about 7:42 PM. I forgot to add a $14 item. This morning I thought about it and tried to add it to my order. No Dice! Website said a handling charge would be added because I didn't place a large enough order. I got off the computer, and placed a call to Midway. I explained my delemia, Customer Service said, NO PROBLEM! Your order is already in processing and we cannot add to it, but, I can ship the item to you seperately and Midway will pay the shipping. You can't beat that with a stick!

My last order was placed on a Monday night and the brown truck rolled up in my driveway on Wednesday afternoon, same week.
    10/11/08
    The last Midway order came in last night by UPS and the extra package came in the mail this morning.

My money goes to Midway USA

regards from North Alabama,
    NavahoJoe
    Last edited by Navahojoe; 10-11-2008 at 02:33 PM. Reason: update

Boolit Master

Yeah, I placed an order for my wife's Ishy, and for a .314 sizing die. They told me it would come on tuesday, it came on monday. I had time to install the sight and hit the range the next day.
    By the by. For those who can use the information. The Williams SMLE reciever sight DIRECTLY fits on the Enfield MKIII, and the Ishapore #2MK2A. That sight makes such a large difference in accuracy it is hard to describe.
    My wife was hitting bowling pins at 100yds in five rounds after installation.

Boolit Grand Master
    Midway has been pretty good to me over the years, close to 20 years I think. I order less from them lately since moving to Ridgecrest, where a small but VERY well-stocked gun shop has most of what I need (primers, powder, a few j-words, brass). I like the convenience of local availability, and the owner's prices are right in line with Midway + shipping. Supporting the local guy is good business, even if he was a few points higher price-wise.
    I don't paint bullets. I like Black Rifle Coffee. Sacred cows are always fair game. California is to the United States what Syria is to Russia and North Korea is to China/South Korea/Japan--a Hermit Kingdom detached from the real world and led by delusional maniacs, an economic and social basket case sustained by "foreign" aid so as to not lose military bases.

Super Moderator

..............I just ordered some stuff from Graf & Son. Checking prices both places and Graf was the same or a few cents more. The one BIG item was a Lyman DPS-3 powder dispenser and Graf was $10 cheaper on it. Midway's estimated shipping was a bit over $17 and that's about what I saved going Graf & Son. Doesn't always work that way as I've checked before, but $17 is $17 afterall

I will say that Midway's website is easier to get around in then Graf's.

...................Buckshot
    Father Grand Caster watches over you my brother. Go now and pour yourself a hot one. May the Sacred Silver Stream be with you always

Proud former Shooters.Com Cast Bullet alumnus and plank owner.

"The Republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president."

Shrink the State End the Fed Balance the budget Make a profit Leave an inheritance

Boolit Mold

Thumbs up A reply from the Top Dawg!

I recently ordered two Uncle Mike's Reinforced Instructor's Belts from Midway. The first one, a large, was too small for a 41" waist and the second one, an X-large, was way too big for the same waist. I sent the second one back and got a refund ASAP on my card. I sent Larry Potterfield, the founder and honcho, an e-mail via the "contact us" link explaining the problem. He (the president of the company) emailed me back and
    1: apologized for the problem
    2: offered to take the used too-large belt back for a refund even though I had worn it (with sagging pants), and
    3: said he was passing my note along to his tech people to get in touch with Uncle Mike's and see what the problem is at the manufacturing end.

I first patronized Midway when it was a concrete block building outside of Columbia, MO where I was going to Mizzou. I bought cast bullets from them. I have great pride in this company because of their service AND because of the NRA Roundup program that they started. It has generated several Million dollars to hep support our right to Bear and Keep Arms. They used to have free shipping and their prices were really reasonable but the world turns. I got mad when they went to U-pay shipping and minimum order size, but I got over it. FWIW.

On an island in a lake in a rainforest of liberals
    I was doing a $2,000/ year, but I stopped doing business with Midway in 2000 and never looked back.

I deal with dozens of outfits now, but mostly BRownells, Midsouth, Graff, Lock stock and barrel, SWFA, Century, AIM, Cabelas, Berrys, Enco, ......

Boolit Master
    i placed an order Thursday morning and got it Friday afternoon.
    from Kansas to Colorado overnight?
    i couldn't believe it.
    at the same time i placed an order with grafs
    4 days later and they haven't even acknowledged it!!!!!!
    i think i am done with grafs.
    i shoulda bought it from midway.
    next time i will.

Midway U.S.A No one better in the business!!!!!!!!!

Boolit Buddy James C. Snodgrass's Avatar
    Come on fella's the shipping ain't that bad at UPS .You know us teamsters gotta eat to . LOL I've been getting stuff from em since 83' and it's easy. It does help to get it quick if your 140 miles away . I do order from others but not to often and I have gotten some outstanding deals over the years and as far as how much you spend I don't think that matters . I've had $5,000.00 yrs and $50.00 yrs and they always treat me fair. James

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by James C. Snodgrass View Post
    Come on fella's the shipping ain't that bad at UPS .You know us teamsters gotta eat to . LOL I've been getting stuff from em since 83' and it's easy. It does help to get it quick if your 140 miles away . I do order from others but not to often and I have gotten some outstanding deals over the years and as far as how much you spend I don't think that matters . I've had $5,000.00 yrs and $50.00 yrs and they always treat me fair. James
    I like UPS, I get really fast service from Midway, Grafs, Midsouth, and Natchez, usually 2 or 3 days at most, I'm at least 3 states away from the closest of them. Got no complaints with any of them. Or UPS.

Black Powder 100%

Livingston, La. 20 miles east of Baton Rouge, La.
    James, I like the pic of the little BOSTON. My wife and I had a female for 10 years, she was 3 when we got her. Lady went all over this country with us. She passed in 2007 and we still have some very sad feelings for her. We don't know if we are ready yet. Oh by the way I buy from Graf's , Midway, Mid-South, Brownell's and Natchez. They all are good at times. Thats why it's fun to shop fella's and look at all the wish books.
    Last edited by cajun shooter; 11-18-2008 at 10:48 PM. Reason: Added to

Boolit Master

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by James C. Snodgrass View Post
    i dont know how ups got that to me overnight but i was impressed.
    i am also impressed by placing an order with GRAFS and it taking 5 DAYS to acknowledge it
    BUT NOT IN A GOOD WAY.:takinWiz:
    Last edited by unclebill; 11-18-2008 at 10:54 PM.

Boolit Master

I received my order from Midway yesterday. I had ordered Lee hand trim sets for the 8x57mm mauser, the .38 special, and the .357 magnum. The shell holders for the 8x57mm and the .357 mag were threaded at a slight angle and the threads themselves were very crudely cut with burrs and gaps in the threads. The lock studs would only thread into the shellholder part way and then at an angle. Very poor workmanship by Lee. I called Midway and they are sending replacements free of charge at their shipping costs. That's excellent service from a very reputable company but that's always been my experience with Midway.