RepackboxRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad Data
Lee PrecisionInline FabricationWidenersTitan Reloading
Snyders Jerky
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: free Norma powder

Boolit Master

I got 7 cans of Magnum Rifle powder for $3 a can. I email Norma about loading data and emailed a bunch of information, some I could truly use.

Old unkown powder where the can has been opened for a few years generally gets added to my compost pile.

Jerry
    Honor is a Way of Life

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Boolit Mold
    I really, really appreciate the Norma pistol reloading data sheet you posted....a buddy of mine just dropped off an auctions worth of stuff, 8 boxes of dies, bullets, powder, brass, primers, I have been itemizing, cross referencing, and comparing to what we actually may want to reload. The Norma had me stumped....you solved my dilemma...thank you again.

Boolit Mold

Norma R123 powder

Quote Originally Posted by zuke View Post
    I was given 2 lbs of powder, but I can't find any info on them.
    Their Norwa brand,R-1 AND R-123.
    Any idea what their for or what I can use them for?
    Good for cast or fertilizer?
    Sir: I have been trying to buy any amount of this R123 powder for several years without success. I have designed about 550 rifle cartridges thus far. I need to test this powder in my
    cartridges so that I can fly to Norma and have them make a special run of this powder regardless of the amount that has to be made. I am willing to pay any amount to get this
    powder. I live in Texas and used to fly helicopters for Canadian Helicopters. I have already spoken with the US importer and he is not planning to order any more of this powder and I
    have contacted Norma and they say they have no plans to make any more but money talks and everything else walks and I plan to make them an offer they cannot refuse. This is a
    specialty powder and works for select applications and does so extraordinarily well. There is no substitute for it. Norma is not using it like they should be and could be. I intend to build a factory and make ammunition in huge volume in select calibers and use this power. This is primarily a pistol caliber powder but it will work in carbines and rifles if the cartridge is designed in
    only one particular design---straight wall, not bottleneck. There is no alternate to this powder and Norma does not know what they had and how supreme it is.

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by KwikE View Post
    Sir: I have been trying to buy any amount of this R123 powder for several years without success. I have designed about 550 rifle cartridges thus far. I need to test this powder in my
    cartridges so that I can fly to Norma and have them make a special run of this powder regardless of the amount that has to be made. I am willing to pay any amount to get this
    powder. I live in Texas and used to fly helicopters for Canadian Helicopters. I have already spoken with the US importer and he is not planning to order any more of this powder and I
    have contacted Norma and they say they have no plans to make any more but money talks and everything else walks and I plan to make them an offer they cannot refuse. This is a
    specialty powder and works for select applications and does so extraordinarily well. There is no substitute for it. Norma is not using it like they should be and could be. I intend to build a factory and make ammunition in huge volume in select calibers and use this power. This is primarily a pistol caliber powder but it will work in carbines and rifles if the cartridge is designed in
    only one particular design---straight wall, not bottleneck. There is no alternate to this powder and Norma does not know what they had and how supreme it is.
    KwikE,
    Welcome to the forum !
    I suspect you just joined to post the above post, and that's just fine...as long as you are not full of BS.
    I recently stumbled into three cans (1/2 lb each) of Norma R-123. Two are sealed and one has been opened, but 'feels' as full as the sealed cans. I searched high and low for load data, found a little and from what I've read, it seems to be the cat's meow for HOT loads with 158gr Jacketed bullets in 357mag.

I'd love to sell these to you. But I assume from your post (if it's not BS), you realize I can't really ship this to you...without access to a company that has a UPS account that's had the training or whatever to ship Haz-Mat. I have no access to a place like that.
    Jon
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Boolit Mold
    Dyin' for R123...any supply out there?

Boolit Man
    A photo from an old Norma manual i had lying around. Hope it is useful and use whit caution
    Regards
    Mathias

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Davelliott View Post
    Dyin' for R123...any supply out there?
    Davelliot, welcome to the forum.
    Norma quit making/importing R123 to the US a long time ago...I'm curious, why are you in search of such an obsolete powder?

FYI, member KwikE was developing a wildcat pistol cartridge (specific for a new pistol design). They had been in contact with Norma about R123, they had calculated that powder would be the cat's meow for that cartridge, and was planning on having Norma make a special run of that powder, but it was cost prohibitive, until they were ready for ammo production. He and I worked out a deal for him to get my powder for testing purposes. I never did hear back from them on their progress with the wildcat? or if the powder was the cat's meow? or if they made an order with Norma?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001